Home

Creating servers...

fattysbox

Hey guys, ?

Two of my friends and I want to create an open server where we fight 3 vs 3... The problem is I dont think I am setting up the server correctly. Every time I create, no one joins (except my two friends hehe). I guess Im not setting up the server correctly so that anyone can see it...

My question is what can I do to correct this? I am playing at a Medical institution where there firewalls have stopped some other games, could this be the case here? Also, I am running the earliest version of JK2 with no patches installed.

Any suggestions?

Also, anybody willing for a 3v3 game? Maybe we could join...

Yeah we play over a LAN... However we can easily connect to servers outside of the LAN that we create games in.

I just want to know what requirements there must be to host a game outside of a LAN that is accessible to everyone. I guess I'm pretty newbish at this stuff.

:newbie:

1. It's almost impossible to host a server with slow connection. You must have ISDN, DSL or broadband to do that.

2. Do exactly the same way as you do when you create a LAN server, exept for one thing, choose:

dedicated server: Internet

instead of:

dedicated server: LAN

When you have done that, JO will shut down, and you will find a "console" instead. DON'T CLOSE IT! cause that's the server... Start jedi outcast again, and push "join" instead of "create". To join, do exactly the same way as you join a LAN game, exept for one thing, choose:

Source: Local

instead of:

Source: LAN

There you shall find your server! just click the join button and you're in it!

NOTE: All of your friends must choose:

Source: Internet

Instead of:

Source: Local

and

Source: LAN

• 2 weeks later...

Archived