Home

Monkey Island 1 and 2 graphic settings

Hello all. First of all, congatulations on having the best Monkey site out. Impressive!

Second - I just recently bought Monkey Island 1 and 2 again. I recently finished 3 and 4 and and wanted more! Well, upon installation and play, the graphics were horrible. I know they are like 13 years old, but upon looking at screen shots of the games from other sites, they still look much better than what I'm seeing.

I know my computer can handle the graphics, but was wondering if i need to set them to a certain setting to get the graphics where they need to be.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah when i was younger and until 2 days ago i was playing a SOMI game which was a lot dodgier in its graphics BUT it had music and sounds, anyways this version didnt have pictures for your inventory items, it was just writing but the version i got on sunday HAS pictures for the inventory and the pictures and stuff are alot better, BUT it doesnt seem to have music...only sounds... oh well

Well then, that was the first version of the game in 16 colours.

The pictures were in the 256 colour updated version that featured orchestrated sound and music. That was realeased after MI2. It can be found as part of the Monkey Madness Pack in the US or the Monkey Island Bounty Pack in the UK.

Archived