Home

Need Some Advice

Diables

I have started a new character on Starsider and I am in the Pistoleer tree now and also working on scout skills. I'm going for Master Pistoleer and Master Ranger which leaves me 18 skill points left. I'm thinking about using them to get Novice Creature Handler. My question is..... The reason I want to get Novice Creature Handler is so I can have all the high level creatures. I know I probably cant tame a Rancor at that level but I can buy them off someone else and use them, right? If not I guess I will use those 18 skill points somewhere else. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Honestly, if this is your goal, train ONLY Creature Management. <Does math in head 6,5,4,3.> For eighteen you'll get Management 3. I know at 2 I had a max CL level of 25, and at Manage 3 you can have two pets out. So overall you'd be able to store four pets and have two out at one time up to whatever CH level it allows. However, you won't have any Grand Wrix' out I don't think, but you'll have to check on their CL.

I have surrendered CH, it just wasn't for me. But if you ever have any problems with your pets and need medical attention......

The Doctor is in.

well the thing is i want pistoleer and ranger. and i also need ranged support up to expert so i can use warning and threaten shot. after all that and novice ch i only have 3 skill points left so there is no way for me to get management3. i want to know if i can use any creature with novice ch. i know i cant tame them but can i buy them off someone else and use them. and if i cant what is the highest level creature i can use with novice ch. i have a cowardly gurreck now that i bought off someone.

well thanks for the reply. guess i will not get that. what i had said was after pistoleer, ranger and novice ch i only had 3 skill points left. I had already figured that in. if i take the novice ch off and go ahead and learn expert ranged support abilities i only have 4 skill points left. guess i will not use those.

Archived