Home

*DON'T post about 'WAREZ'*.... THIS MEANS YOU! UPDATED (Sept 19th)

Kurgan

I really hate to do this, because it's so obvious that we don't allow this kind of behavior on our boards, and our long time posters are aware of our policy and behave themselves.

As the release of the game draws closer, we have been getting some new people who apparently didn't read the rules they agreed to when the signed up, this is unfortunate. Due to repeated violations, this is necessary.

Raven/LucasArts frequent our boards and posting this garbage is a slap in the face to their hard work, not to mention it makes the rest of us, who will purchase the game legally when it comes out jealous and resentful.

People posting "warez" related threads, discussing where to get it or asking how, or bragging about it, will be dealt with swiftly and severely (this includes links, information, screenshots, files, whatever... AND posting "spoilers" taken from the illegally leaked beta). To our honest and loyal members, I call on you to report immediately any such behavior you see that breaks these rules. Your help is appreciated. This also applies to our irc chatrooms. Members there that break the rules on warez may find themselves kicked or banned, perhaps indefinately.

The game is set for release this Fall (the week of September 17 is the latest figure given). Anyone claiming to have the game before that date, (who is not a member of the press or a Raven/LA employee of course) will automatically arouse our suspicion.

Those claiming to be beta testers will be asked to show us proof (in private) that they are who they claim to be (and believe me, we know Raven/LA so we CAN CHECK if needed). False claims like this will be considered 'trolling' and dealt with accordingly.

There is no legal public beta version of the game, and anyone claiming that there is is lying. The official release date for the game is Sept. 17, 2003.

An official legal demo version has been released, but it is SINGLE PLAYER ONLY and easily distinguishable from any warez or leaked beta version.

Now that you've been warned, people posting illegal material will risk being banned, their threads locked and posts deleted, possibly without warning. Feel free to email or PM us if you have problems.

People have already been banned for ignoring this warning, don't be the next!

Don't be stupid. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Anyone who feels they have been treated unfairly can email us and discuss it in private, however we have the final say.

• 2 weeks later...

And to expand on Kurgan, anyone with links on a website, or any websites discovered carrying the Jedi Academy warez will be glady contacted by Activision lawyers and their warrant to have the site shut down and all activity to cease. So don't be stupid.. just delete the warez and enjoy the final product in mere weeks time.

Please PM me or email me @ andy867@jediknightii.net with any information on websites that are posting about the illegal beta/warez version of Jedi Academy, and then I will pass them along to the appropriate people who will deal with the websites.

• 1 month later...

Raven has also revealed a sure-fire way to tell if a server is running the warez version of JA (which is NOT compatible with the legal retail version).

If the server says "Aug 5, 2003" (instead of the proper July 21) then it's not legit.

Trying to join will result in an "invalid game folder" (or similar) error.

But don't worry, though the pirates can put whatever date they want, it still won't be the same as the legal version.

• 2 months later...

Well, the game has been out for over two months and thankfully people aren't spamming about the warez/illegal betas anymore, so I think it's safe to unstick this.

That doesn't mean the rules have changed... you'll still be in trouble if you post about what you're not supposed to.

Have a nice day!

Archived