Home

combat???? help me please....

JediFanatic10

If you download the demo you can see first hand. ; )

But, essentially, the combat is like Jedi Outcast, just with a bunch of new moves and the ability to use two new types of sabers (saberstaff and dual sabers).

There is really only one new gun, the Concussion Rifle which is kind of like a cross between the Shockrifle from UT and your standard rocket launcher (secondary is kind of like the Quake2 railgun).

The BlastTech pistol is just a model swap of the Bryar pistol.

Single Player will be much more intense because you can use all of the Force Powers. Multiplayer will be more intense because you will have player classes (not just Jedi or Mercs) and drivable vehicles, plus you will be able to have 2 vs. 1 duels (where the guy on his own has extra health and force).

Want more info? Read Stormhammer's faq...

Well Jedi Academy, like Jedi Outcast, is an action game so you won't be watching the computer fight for you. You have control over every swing you make like in Jedi Outcast. The combat is similiar, depending on the direction your moving, your swing will be different. Moving to the left or right will make you swing horizontally and so on. It's really pretty good once you get used to it. The special moves and acrobatics is where Academy really stands apart from Outcast. You can now perform about 5-10 special moves per stance or saber style (single saber- light medium heavy, and you have one stance with Dual or Two-handed lightsaber). By pressing a few buttons, like mouse1 and mouse2, you can get some satisfying results. It makes fighting with a saber more cinematic, and makes duels vary a lot.

So, if you didn't like Outcast's combat, you probably won't like what you get in Academy. My suggestion: Download the demo. If you're somewhat satifisied, get the game. Once you spend some time with the combat system, it becomes second nature and is a lot of fun.

Originally posted by JediFanatic10

alright well..... im referrin to the x box version now... cause thats the console im getting JA for..... how will you execute the signature moves and finishers and what not.... just keep tapping right trigger till you get what you want?

I don't know that there is an XBOX version, but thats just me. We've all been talking about the PC demo version.

The Xbox version has been confirmed and it's set for release sometime in mid to late November 2003.

As to the moves, well the JK2 moves are all there (although we haven't found flip kicks for the single saber yet), but for the new moves, because you just press crouch, then attack (that's one), strafe+attack+jump (that's another), fire1+fire2 (another), speed+forward at the exact right moment (another), etc.

Basically just lots of differnet button combos, should be fairly simple on an Xbox controller.

In fact, this game should probably be better suited to a console port than JK2 was. Of course you're going to have a harder time aiming with guns (they'll probably use autoaim in the Xbox version), but the SP game at least is more saber focused.

The only times I used guns in the demo were on hard difficulty:

a) to kill one guy on a platform in the second level, where there's a secret area. Btw i hate that guy, very hard to get to and to kill and you can't deflect his shots with force or anything.

b) to draw fire from the dude with the missile launcher, on the other side of the bridge where you have to make a long jump. When he starts shooting you just force push the missiles back to him.

Also sometimes I shoot a jedi to make him angry, so he tries jumping to where I am, so I can push or grab him in mid-flight, after which he drops to his death. But that's just me being a bastard :evil2:

Anyway, all this to say that you really don't need guns a lot in the demo.

Archived