Home

Nervous ProMod fan here

Blamer

Hello, I haven't been around here in a long time...but I was a big fan of ProMod in JO. The saber fighting was pure gameplay bliss, but for some reason interest died out and the servers disappeared. I could never go back to the mindless slashing and random hit detection of 1.04, and I simply left the game.

Does anyone know if the saber fighting -- which seems more like Jedimod, the bane of all fun in multiplayer -- is going to be adjusted for multiplayer? Is Artifex still alive, in case the default multiplayer does end up like 1.04 on crack?

Okay, mindless was not the right word. I agree that there was strategy in 1.04, but to me it was not fun at all...mostly because damage was too low and the auto-blocking was way over the top...to the point of unconditionally penalizing the attacker. For the record, I did not like 1.02 red stance spamming or 1.03 backstabs either.

I liked ProMod because it gave you a consistent system of how likely you were to block, and how your stance, aim and position affected your defense and offense. It was much more like a professionally made fighting game...that's what I like to play, and what I think a saber combat system should be like.

So...it would make my day if Artifex appeared on here, announcing that he was going to port his mod...but I suspect that's not going to happen.

My advice to you: Get the demo and try it out yourself.

Sure, it's not Multiplayer but it should give you a general idea of how things may be in the full version.

I talked to Artifex briefly and he's very curious about Siege Mode, so if it's not to his liking, I'm sure he'll have something to say about it. ; )

As far as saber damage is concerned, there was always SaberDamageScale 2 you know, and the blockprobabilities cvar.

Archived