Home

To Point and Click or not Point and Click -MI5

devineman

To Point and Click or not to Point and Click?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. To Point and Click or not to Point and Click?

• To Point and Click
    • To not Point and Click

Originally posted by PTDC

I played grim fandango for the first time a couple of days ago, I don't really like the control system. It irritated me in EMI too. It's quite possible to implement point and click in 3d, I reckon it was just laziness.

A perfect example of this is Discworld Noir, perfect 3d with pont n click interface. syberia and the longest journey also do this well.

It's hard to compare the GF and EMI control systems and what you think of them. With EMI, MI fans were already used to the point and click method, the past 3 games were built around that certain style and when EMI came out people just didn't take to the new style and preferred the old one. However with GF, I got the feeling that the game was very much designed with the control system in mind, to both be built around it and compliment it. Unlike EMI, which I felt was just following recent trends with the implementation of 3D walking and the move towards a 3D graphical style.A point and click GF would, to me, feel very strange as we are all very used to 3D walk about GF, in the same way most are used to point and click MI.

i like point and click. you know where you're going and you get there, plus, it's nice to get away from using the arrow buttons to move a character. but that only goes for pc based adventure games; it's just very very boring moving a cursor around your tv screen. i have two adventure games for my ps2 - discworld 2 and escape from monkey island. d2 is a point and click and if i didn't love the books so much i would've returned it the next day, while efmi is great and a lot more playable.

so yeah, a combination works out great for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure this is my first post on Lucasforums, so bear with me :-)

I, like many Monkey Island Fans absolutely adore the first two Monkey island Games (MI1 being my all-time favorite). Also, I found EMI to be a terrible bastardization of this almost sacred series. When will lucasarts wake up to what their long time fans ask? A return to the SCUMM style gaming that we all know and love! Many people have made excellent points for returning to the point-anc-click method. I think Lucasarts' problem (and many other companies' for that matter) is that they think all their new games should be using cutting edge graphics, sound, etc., and in their attempts to acheive quality shadows, or what not, they ignore gameplay.

Lucasarts: I beg of you to satisfy your fans with a respectable MI5. All the Monkey island Devotees love the original games, so why not listen to them for once? The graphics and sound can second rate, but all I want is a fun game that has replay value.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to respond, flame, etc. :-)

you know , we can't say " the game should controling by MOUSE OR KEYBOARD "

we first must know what the game style will be

" maybe they will add JUMB BUTTON .. etc "

and whatever the control style , IT WILL AND STILL THE BEST SWISH BU.. whatever that sentence was :p

Archived