Home

JA 'Review'?!?! (Gamers Depot)

HaruGlory89

Originally posted by StormHammer

That's how games should be reviewed, IMHO. The demo plays well on my system, with everything turned on. I know that for all these new games on nice shiny new engines I'm going to have to turn features off to run them at acceptable framerates.

This is true. It runs great on my machine as well (granted I have a pretty good machine). I think the game looks great, especially considering it is so system friendly.

Originally posted by Spider Al

And the AI in JA has been seriously improved in terms of pathfinding as far as I can see.

It may just be because I am getting used to the new moves, but it seems to me that the Reborn are tougher to beat this time around. They certainly use more tricks.

the reason why so many people complain about the old grafics is the genre. raven is doing first person shooters mainly, JO is one and JA is one too. ok third person cameraview, but the genre is still 3d action with lotsa kewl grafix.

if raven would have the been able (and/or willing) to expand the genre to rpg or adventure and action, then there would have been more game content to weight out the old engine.

in my oppinion, the endresult seems to have enough atmosphere and story to compensate the older grafix.

although it is supposed to have a simmilar easy-to-figure-out story like JO. from what i know it's even possible to choose between light side and dark side! just like in JK1...yay!

Archived