Home

New Sabers and Saber Defence

Gil102

In JO, it seemed that with Saber Defence 3 using the Fast style, you could block just about anything in a very wide frontal arc. With Medium style, though, it seemed that more incoming fire could get through....and Strong style allowed even more incoming fire through.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the effectiveness of Saber Defence 3 when using Dual Sabers and Double Saber. Will Saber Defence 3 be as effective with Dual Sabers as the Medium style or will it be better or worse? How about the Double Saber?

-Gil102

Well, the 'stance indicator' stays Yellow, but the movements feel like the Fast style. Then again, it could be an illusion due to the two sabers. I should have more time to play the demo tonight and I'll see if I can compare dual sabers with Fast and Medium stances.

BTW, has anyone else had problems with some of the Reborn on the Jedi Temple mission jumping off platforms to their doom? I've only played through it once on Jedi difficulty and like 4 of them suicided. *shrug*

-Gil102

Yes, unfortunately there are way too many reborns with the dark side deep inside their minds. Enraging them sometimes untill suicide ;)

OK, I'll admit it, they're just stupid bots...

With me it happens once (very few times twice) for each whole chandrilla level.

Yes it means there equal to the single saber medium stance in terms of speed and I'm pretty sure damage as well, people saying that the staff is stronger are wrong I think. They arent as efficient at blocking shots as fast saber style and there not able to break defence like strong stance, but since they are a special type of technique it gives them the edge they need. These are just my thoughts that make sense to me I didn't read this stuff anywhere, lol.

Originally posted by Gil102

BTW, has anyone else had problems with some of the Reborn on the Jedi Temple mission jumping off platforms to their doom? I've only played through it once on Jedi difficulty and like 4 of them suicided. *shrug*

I don't know. I guess it doesn't help that I'm Force pushing them over the side :)

Pushing them is nice but it doesn't work always because they resist pushs and pulls.

The funniest way to CLEAN that place nice and tidy is with grip level3.

All you have to do is to catch them move your mouse and choose:

option 1 - let them go, they will fall for you that instant :)

option 2 - wait. this is by far the lightest of choices because they will eventually push you to release themselves and by doing that, they will choose their destiny, not you. You didn't throw them. You'll never have to handle that kind of problems in your mind.

It's a VERY fast way to clean the whole level.

It's a bit annoying though... All you ear is screaming all the time... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Prime

I don't know. I guess it doesn't help that I'm Force pushing them over the side :)

I kept doing that too. :D

They spout off about how they're going to get you...and then you do a simple Force Push as they're jumping to your position, and they fall away screaming. It's just so funny. :D

And I experimented with the Dark Side...using lightning from a distance on those who won't jump across to you, but taunt from the edge of a ledge - they jump up to avoid it, and then fall to their doom. :D

And yes...the point about the Dual sabers and Saberstaff is right. They are both their own stance, and you can only switch by turning one blade off. Furthermore, you don't get the single saber moves at all...just basic attacks and defence.

Originally posted by StormHammer

I kept doing that too. :D

They spout off about how they're going to get you...and then you do a simple Force Push as they're jumping to your position, and they fall away screaming. It's just so funny. :D

And I experimented with the Dark Side...using lightning from a distance on those who won't jump across to you, but taunt from the edge of a ledge - they jump up to avoid it, and then fall to their doom. :D

And yes...the point about the Dual sabers and Saberstaff is right. They are both their own stance, and you can only switch by turning one blade off. Furthermore, you don't get the single saber moves at all...just basic attacks and defence.

Yea it is a riot !!

Love Force Push on this level. Need to have a taunt that say in GW Bush "Bring them on !!"

Yes, of course.

In the force selection screen just before Chandrilla put your force point into force grip. That way you'll end up with a level 3 force grip!

I choose absorb most of the times.

Force grip the entire level was just a fun experience.

I never saw anybody resisting force pushes while in the air. I think it's impossible.

This was my number one method for killing those henchmen type guys without sabers who accompany some of the guys with sabers in the demo, because they can't resist them even when on the ground.

Actually, force push and its nasty variant, force grip + dangle victim above bottomless pit + let go, was my preferred method for killing just about everybody in the second demo level. And force pulling was sometimes actually even more powerful, since it seems you can throw people a lot further with that, especially when you do it when you're above your victims.

In the situations where I had to jump over a pit to get to my enemy, and the enemy included people who couldn't resist force pulls, in 95% of the cases they were allready falling to their doom before I even hit the ground :D

Well, played through the Jedi Temple level again last night and discovered that while using Dual Sabers, you can hit L to turn off one of them and go into a Fast Stance, which did appear to block better. Were I to guess, it DOES appear that the Dual Saber stance is the same as Medium style in terms of Offense and Defense. I was pretty surprised to find I could turn off one saber and go into the Fast Stance (my usual favorite) if nothing else but for the extra defense. Also, on Jedi Knight difficulty, none of them suicided this time.

Thanks for all your input!

-Gil102

Originally posted by Gil102

...while using Dual Sabers, you can hit L to turn off one of them and go into a Fast Stance, which did appear to block better. Were I to guess, it DOES appear that the Dual Saber stance is the same as Medium style in terms of Offense and Defense...

That´s why I wrote my first post:

Does the yellow color (medium stance) in the staff and dual sabers mean that their damage, speed and defence (to shots and to sabers) are equal to the single saber medium stance?

the question is, IF you're going to use dual sabers and IF the blue stance is better blocking shots, then you'd have a reason to change stance while with dual sabers. You'd have one stance for duels and another against guns.

I see it as an advantage over the staff who turns to yellow stance when turns off one half.

by the way, when you throw one of the sabers (in dual, of course) wasn't the other one suppose to block incoming fire and/or attacking?

I've tried and it doesn't look to happen this way...

did this happen to you?

Originally posted by tcx

by the way, when you throw one of the sabers (in dual, of course) wasn't the other one suppose to block incoming fire and/or attacking?

I've tried and it doesn't look to happen this way...

did this happen to you?

I don't think your supposed to be able to defend yourself when you do the saber throw with dual sabers. For balance reasons, this would be unfair since you would not be defenceless where all the other stances would be. In MP, this would lead to everyone spamming saber throw with dual sabers. In "Star Wars terms" if you are controlling the saber in flight using the Force, you probably can't use the Force to defend yourself using the other lightsaber at the same time...

For balance reasons, this would be unfair since you would not be defenceless where all the other stances would be.

I agree but I was sure I had read that you could block and attack with the second saber though it would be higly unfair!

Didn't the first JA movie show one scene were the jedi threw one saber and blocked incoming fire with the other?

:mad: I can't remember why but I was really sure about it... :(

I don't think its unfair, its just one of the small benifits of the style. Single saber has two benifits over double and dual, fast stance and heavy stance. Staff has benifits too, I find its very good for taking on more then one opponent. Each has there benifits but it doesnt mean there not balanced well enough for multiplayer.

Originally posted by Kidso

I don't think its unfair, its just one of the small benifits of the style. Single saber has two benifits over double and dual, fast stance and heavy stance. Staff has benifits too, I find its very good for taking on more then one opponent. Each has there benifits but it doesnt mean there not balanced well enough for multiplayer.

I'm not saying they aren't balanced well. I'm just saying that if in fact you can't defend yourself with the extra saber while you do a saber throw, then it is most likely because of balance issues. If this is indeed true, I can certainly see the reasoning :)

• 1 month later...

The question was About Saber Defence level 3 :

1- blocking incoming shots; in JO u were able to block everything at level 3, not in Ja... i can tell you that in JO and in JA the stence change nothing to the blocking percentage...

2- single, dual and staff block equally when you face firing target

3- Ja change that rule very much... for example in JO in a hangar a was facing 6 turbo-laser and no shot it me !!!! blue, yellow or red stance.... in Ja, 1 turbo laser pass trough your defence, and by the way they never put more than one

I think they change this for gameplay and balance reason

Tel me what you think about it !!!!

I may be wrong, but I always assumed the main difference between Level 2 and Level 3 saber defense was that the shots you blocked went towards the shooter, not off in random directions.

And of course, you can't block everything, not even in JK2. If somebody shoots you in the back or at the right side angle (or in the crotch) you'll take damage, or if you are swinging or use the force which lowers your saber... etc

Archived