Home

RAVEN: 1st person Q to anyone on the dev team if any here

Bad_karma_2one

Font forget that this is also a function of the tehnology.

i.e. your monitor and speakers.

I think that eventually we will make more use of VR type headgear.

Which would give us that sense of peripheral vision and with avanced positional 3d audio we would be ale to sense that lamer sneaking up behind us.:D

I picture one day having a jedi league where you would throw on your VR helmet (it culd even look like Luke's training helmet in ANH)

and a saber handle with gyro like sensors .

With some tweaking we could see some very true to life saber battles.

One day....I hope.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nemios

Any news? Could anyone try CG_FPLS/G_FPLS in MP and/or SP to see if there's a hope to play in 1st person?

I tried it in SP, but the cg_fpls did not work. I have not tried it in MP yet. The other cg commands you posted earlier are working well for me in single player mode. I know it's not first person, but it's pretty close. I have a key bind with those commands to set the quazi first person mode. I have another bound with "cg_thirdpersonrange 80; force_speed" to use for the speed force power. It moves you back, like you suggested, so the camera doesn't flip around.

In the full version g_FPLS 1 works in MP, but your head isn't transparent, so it looks a little goofy (not as good as JK2 MP).

Hopefully somebody will port the transparent skin to JA (or maybe this will be added in a patch) for the full effect.

Same deal with SP (you can mess with the camera views to get the same effect, but your head is in the way).

Yeah, there is no first person in the game per se, however, inputting those commands gives you that quasi first person perspective, good in a pinch. If someone could mod the game, that would be awesome........ I think what you need is a invisible skin, but then the skin would need to switch back to solid for cutscenes and such so you don't just have an invisible skin with 2 hands and a saber.

Also you would need to code in the command to switch to first person and back to third, that is if you play in third at all. I tried find the command in the outcast config file but i couldn't find anything pertaining to first person, either that or i just don't know what to look for. Maybe someone here knows?

Looks like we will have to hope that someone can mod it, i got a PM from ChangKhan[RAVEN] he said there are no plans for it, cos the arms would need to be changed for each different type of clothing there is (sounds like BS, cos they have to do that anyway in 3rd person)

I would settle for just one skin regardless of which option i have selected, im not fusssy about the accuracy of the textures, I just want a 1st person Light saber view

This is an appeal to anyone who can mod, can you please give it a go PLEEEEEEEEASE:)

i don't think changing the weapon name would do it. It's not about the weapon itself, it is about the skin. When you use those commands to give yourself a first person perspective, the skin is opaque, so when jaden does a slash, you can see parts of his body move as opposed to seeing through the body. What we need is a mod which will change the skin to transparent, yet if you want to switch to third person the skin will revert back to the one you chose at the beginning of the game.

Raven, please give us some direction to go in, a generic transparent skin, something. I have tried to do it myself, but i don't know enough. At least give us a clue as to what files we need to modify or what we need in order to do get this mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, and boinga1, unlike kicks, First Person Lightsaber would be a client-side only thing. It would not make one lick of difference to other players who choose to use third person perspective all the time for sabers/melee.

It could theoretically be done the same way for SP and MP and no big deal. They pulled it off in JK2 after all.

I agree, that using a generic Kyle skin would work just fine for the semi-transparent headless or no-arms skin for sabers/melee.

It worked great in JK2, even though it was "wrong" because it was always Kyle despite the 30 or so skins you could choose. It would be no worse in JA.

There is no logical reason for them NOT to include this as part of the CG_FPLS 1/G_FPLS 1 cvar for MP in a patch, except that they really really don't want to let us use anything but third person for sabers.

The other thing is, with the arm's only skin, all you see are two forearms, so how big a deal is it if they aren't Jaden's arms? And how many different forarms are there really for SP? It doesn't have to be perfect, just functional...

Archived