Home

Unit Tweaks For SWGB 2

DK_Viceroy

Maybe Each Civ Could have unique abilities for their units.

Galactic Empire

All units have an attack bonus Vs jedi.

Galactic Republic

All Units Work Better When Jedi Are Nearby

Trade Federation

All Units Are Cheaper But Weaker

Air Units Are Faster And Can Do more manoeuvers because of no pilot.

Confederacy

Troopers Stronger and cheaper but are now also weak against Mech Destroyers as well as strike mechs. Also they have an attack bonus versus jedi also.

Air units tougher faster and for their fighters have the ability to fire 90 degrees either side of them without turning but more expensive.

When production buildings are grouped together production speed for all those buildings is tripled.

Gungans

Troopers Have an attack bonus versus mechs and droids.

Mechs and other similar units are self healing. Buildings are self powered but need food to build.

Royal Naboo

All Units have an attack bonus versus most things but are more expensive and slower to build.

Wookies

All units have more attack power and speed but suffer a range decrease.

able to build mechs faster and repair them faster and cheaper too.

A Tech For All Civs

I had an idea for making jedi a little more balanced. Take Out Jedi purge as a jedi tech and make it a fortress tech in tech 3. Make it a bounty hunter tech that makes bounty hunters better at killing jedi.

Bear In Mind these are only initial ideas they need more work. maybe these could be civ bonuses

Originally posted by another_trooper

I would sure help to make the civs more unique, but maybe the advantages you mention are a little too general. . .

Instead of having passive bonuses, I would like to see to abilities.

Yes! abilities!!!

I want FC's AtAt's cannons back:D (ya know that big laser which does 1000 dmg)

Nice ideas i think trade federation and confed should have the fastest building troops in the entire game. I think the idea where the clones work better when jedi are near them cause in ep 2 it was obvious that the jedi were the commanders of that operation.

Yes everything should be unique from the smallest scout to the biggest AT-AT.

Viceroy - that's a nice idea about making Republic units work better when in the proximity of Jedi. You mentioned in another thread that Jedi should make units around them better, and we discussed the fact that it over-emphasises the leadership of Jedi and neglects their individuality. However making this a Republic-only ability works well, so good work on that aspect.

A few of the other bonuses seem to be based on the concept that the units will be generic with modifications for each civ, rather than unique units for each civ, so I'm not as fond of those.

Not quite i really meant it in that even if they decided to radically change units it would emphasise that uniqueness regardless even if they radically changed them to be all unique they would still be classed under the present catagories. If they do keep generic units but different art for them it would add more diversity. I haven't quite finished up the ideas yet. So even if the units kept generic these could add the much needed Diversity these coulld with a little work be made into civ bonuses which even if they did nothing but a little fixing and put these in too would make civs a lot more different. Though for SWGB 2 i visualise Jedi as a lot more expensive or a unit that is generated by temples over a long period of time. Considering since that a jedi takes a vow of poverty or maybe a unit limit of 50 jedi masters even that may be too much. The ideas i had were from what i'd seen in the films.

Rebel Alliance

Troopers Get A Bonus V Mechs

Aircraft Get a bonus V other air units and ground installations

Buildings are seen as neutral and not as owned by the player to an enemy.

All units get a LOS bonus.

i'll be adding more and balancing it out.

I think that since all units are unique, perhaps a would be civ ability might feel weird. We're not talking about economical bonuses or anything here(which of course has to be considered a civ bonus).

When using UU set, you kind of forget about particular unit capabilities, instead giving certain strenghts to a certain unit(such as a sniper is very strong against other troopers).

While this doesn't apply to Jedi units in general, I believe it would be nice if a certain civ Jedi(such as the republic jedi like you stated should give workers a working bonus which totally makes sense here) would be different from another civ's jedi(such as the empire having weak but numerous reborns and the rebels having a stealthy jedi) which then would kill the purpose of a "bonus".

All I'm trying to say(damn I rambled on for nothing), is that from what you've stated about your ideas(which are all fine) are strickly for a generic set.

Since a unique set has no "standard" the bonus "All units get better LOS" means what?

better then what?

You should simply release your personnal template, saying as an example:

"Wookiee troopers have great LOS"

This states that it's actually a UU set since it bases itself on no standard unit LOS.

Damn I don't know why I said all of that...

I never thought of making my own civ templates thanks for the suggestion but can someone please give me a vague outline of how people think the game is gonna go since i really don't want to put in loads of effort on something that may end up wrong.

And i found the weirdest thing on this site when i was looking up some stuff on the chiss i saw something that was hinitng that Grand Admiral Thrawn might be making an appearnce in Ep 3 i'm not entirely sure if it's accurate but it would be cool he wouldn't have any major role it would just propably be a breif scene.

No No No you got it all wrong i meant that you can only get one padawan every 5 minutes and pay say 750 nova and your padawn has to do say 1000 hit points of damage before going into the temple for trials it'll stay there for 2 minutes and will have a one in two chance of becoming a knight if it doesn't it'll come out still a padawn but have a 3 in 4 chance next time and have more experience and damage total will also be carried over. once a jedi becomes a knight it gets the ability to enhance co-ordination between all forces in a small radius this would be a passive ability and would increase in range every 500 damage points. when it had accumulated 10 000 damage points it would become a master and get the abilities of mind trick which would temporarily take control of any unit. Mind Twist this ability would distort perception of units in a radius and once an enemy's mind has been twisted it target and attack any units near it this would eventually wear off but would in the long term lower accuracy. continued use of this ability say like 30 times in 5 minutes would give it a stage 1 corruption. when a master gets to a stage 5 corruption it becomes a sith lord wrecks your jedi income costs you 1000 nova or any variant and then goes to a random player. and so on the rest i'm keeping for my analogy though units these abilities unless passive would have a cool down rate. The force co-ordination is republic unique and empire unique because it says somewhere that the empire and vader could do that it explains why the imperials lost co-ordination during the b attle of endor after the emporer died.

Archived