Home

A Big Skin Scam

JDKnite188

I was pondering about the skins for Multiplayer of JA. Something came to mind . . . What if a player had a skin that was completely transparent? For example, the player skin would have just the glass texture. Other players wouldn't be able to see this "glass player" unless using Force Seeing. With no weapon in carrying position and movement in a crouching manner, a person could be undetected without worrying.

Concerning pointing at a person and seeing their name above the player model, I think using the " character equals a blank in Q3 name text. If the "glass player" was named ", they couldn't be identified when pointed at.

Has anyone ever tried this? Could it be a really big scam if people started using a "glass" skin? Remember, glass is one of the default textures provided with the game.

The "camo" skin would actually be a disadvantage for you because whoever was using that model would be wearing the camo from your point of view only. This is great if you need a challenge. On the other hand if your fishing for some kind of advantage you might try making neon glow skins, again anyone using the model associated with that skin would be visible to you. Personally I just like trying various fabric textures and don't really care if anyone can see them besides me.

Has anyone tried the JK3 models on JK2 yet. Not the multi-selectable ones ( Jedi-this and that) but the regular models like the Jawa one. I sure like to know how my skins turned out in game.

What if a player had a skin that was completely transparent? For example, the player skin would have just the glass texture. Other players wouldn't be able to see this "glass player" unless using Force Seeing. With no weapon in carrying position and movement in a crouching manner, a person could be undetected without worrying.

You would think so wouldn't you? Of course players can't just use any texture for skins, they have to use one of the selectable textures for the customizable Jedi or else a skin already in the game (and there are no invisible skins). The only problem would be if he used the semi-transparent skin used for the weapons HUD, but Raven already has you beat... this bug existed in 1.02 of JK2, but was fixed in the patch.

So no, not unless you design a mod that gives you this cheat and people download and run it on your non-pure server.

Concerning pointing at a person and seeing their name above the player model, I think using the " character equals a blank in Q3 name text. If the "glass player" was named ", they couldn't be identified when pointed at.

You'd think so wouldn't you? But then they'd register as a "blank" in the player list too, and they'd be found out. The admin could still kick them out.

In a FFA this would seem to be an advantage, but in a team game it would work against his own teammates.

Has anyone ever tried this? Could it be a really big scam if people started using a "glass" skin? Remember, glass is one of the default textures provided with the game.

Oh boy, "has anyone ever tried this" heh. You're not fooling anyone.

Seriously, if a cheat like this exists, it will be patched, because I doubt Raven would want to encourage something like this.

Try this right now man.. if you think you can use a "glass skin" for your player, do it. If it works in the demo, it will surely work in the full version...

Archived