Home

Invalid Game File?

Kenshin Himoura

Hehe guys calm down.

The "Invalid game folder" (not sure about "file") error is due to either a legit client connecting to leaked-version-server

or vice versa.

Being this the first day of official launch, you'll have to wait a few days, until people get their copies, familiarized themselves with SP, then move to MP and open up servers.

Enjoy your games.

I just don't get it. I have a legit copy that I bought at GameStop. I ran the install, played a little of the SP and liked it. Then I tried the MP, and it seemed to work fine...for the few ones. I then tried to run a dedicated server and everyone connecting kept getting kicked off stating that parsing error.

I was able to run a completely fine server in JK2 and had a lot of loyal fans but I personally think that this is a software bug. The "leaked" demo (I still don't understand why they say leaked if it was published on Lucas Arts' web page...leaked usually means it wasn't supposed to be release...but ok) which I had not removed until after I installed the full release, didn't seem to cause problems until I tried the dedicated server piece. Now I get bad folder messages when I connect to some servers and not when I connect to others.

Two Things:

1 - Better error messages - Being vague doesn't promote people to buy a game but rather makes them think that the game needs a patch before buying.

2 - Am I allowed to run a dedicated server and play at the same time through the LAN? If I run an internet dedicated server on another machine in my home and play on my other PC in my home via LAN am I good or do I need to buy another copy for running a scrolling text window?

I want to do the right thing here and once again run a great game server as I did before. The errors, however, are frankly so stupid, that I can't even tell.

I wanted to add another thing...as I have been viewing the forums, I see a few messages on this subject about people being "busted"...so I want to make my previous post clear before the post is closed.

I do not have a Cd crack, a no-cd crack, or any other crack installed nor have I attempted such a thing.

I have uninstalled the demo and just have the full release.

I understand that some clients will get kicked from the servers if they are using illegal copies and hopefully they will learn.

I have done everything legit and would like to figure out the problem and help Lucas and Raven figure this out so more people can enjoy the game and hopefully my server.

Thank you.

CL_ParsePacketEntities error message = cd crack or hacked exe (from warez version) in use.

Invalid Game Folder error message = could be legit person trying to join a hacked (warez or beta warez) server.

Don't worry, we're not on a witchhunt. We're just going by experience and the information Raven has given to us.

The game was just released worldwide today, so if you wait a little while and have patience, legit servers will eventually crowd out the illegal ones and everybody will be able to play.

Archived