Home

Single Player won't boot

ElkGroveDJ

I am running a P4 2.4 ghz, 768 megs RAM, GeForce 4600 TI, SB Live value, Soyo Dragon Ultra motherboard with Windows XP home. I was able to play the single player demo, however I cannot get the retail version to load the single player. The multiplayer boots up fine. I see the black box pop up as it runs through the config. The single player won't even do that. I hear my CD-ROM run its check, my mouse pointer changes briefly to standby, then everything stops with no item showing up in my taskbar. I always have to reboot and when I do, Windows XP runs a scan disc. I've seen another post with a similar problem. I have not had problems running other games using modified Quake 3 engine (SOF2, Wolfenstein, JO). Any help would be appreciated.

I've finally been able to play Jedi Academy single player! Thanks to gimpsRus's no CD fix patch. I guess Raven and LucasArts need to check their CD check software for those of us who are unable to get the retail version to run as is on their system when no other Quake 3 engine games problem were incurred prior to installing the latest Jedi Knight game. I hope the official patch is released soon.

Originally posted by ElkGroveDJ

I've finally been able to play Jedi Academy single player! Thanks to gimpsRus's no CD fix patch.

ElkGroveDJ, you are a God. I did a Google search for "gimpsRus no CD jedi academy" and found the file pretty quick. Single Player now starts fine for me, where before it did nothing.

I recommend to anyone having this problem to get that no CD patch. I don't feel any ethical qualms about it at all; I certainly didn't intend to spend 50$ on a game that doesn't work!

And you know what? When I bought the game, I looked at the back of the box and saw in red lettering, "NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying". And while I've seen notices like that before, for some reason this time I said-- in true SW fashion-- "I've got a baaad feeling about this". And gol-danged if I wasn't right.

I am having a similar problem, but with loading MP - my SP works fine, but MP just hangs at the opening splash screen (before even getting to the main menu).

I did the google search and found a site with the no-cd fix and there are about 5 different files to choose from - which one?

Thanks

Originally posted by LainTora

*** EDIT ***

ummmm.....

Holy Posts!!! What happened here!

Talk about the forums having a hiccup! LOL!!!

Mods, please delete those few extra posts.

*** DELETE THIS POST PLEASE ***

FEW?!

When the forums lag, don't keep hitting the reply button, THAT is what causes that.

Darth Groovy:

I apologize. When it appeared my connection was lost (when submitting my post), I just closed my internet browser window, and logged back in with a new session. It was then that I checked this thread to see if it had gone through and saw the several duplicate posts (which I went and edited). :eek: Oops.

/me walks away in shame...

Archived