Home

Constructive Multiplay Feedback

Tarus

Just thought I would mention, my first multiplay experience was crap. Just got out of a fun power duel game. Some suggestions. Feel free to make comments on the suggestions.

1. Increase force damage. I think most people feel this way.

2. I'd like to see an option to disable drain and heal. In duel modes it tends to drag games on and on and on and on and on^10. In the formentioned duel one guy was spending a half hour running around healing...he got vote kicked. Heh.

3. Fix absorb! I like how it is in single play and thought it was great how you could actually use it without losing force power constantly. I suggest ether a lower initial cost or to get rid of the per second cost. Currently, I believe, its 30 force power then about 1 a second. It should ether be one a second or a flat 30 cost, not both. Thoughts and comments on this?

4. I could not tell in power duel but if its not already set as such, Id like to see it set where all living people get a "frag". That way the team is working as a team and not fighting over who gets the kill. Again, it may be this way.

5. Force sight. I'd like to see this have a more active roll. I believe it should not prevent force regen while turned on to encourage jedis to rely on the force more. I'd like comments on this as it may be 'over powered'. Alternativly or in addition to, id like to see force sight give a 'rear view mirror' or a small minimap to show you where enemies are on all sides. Nothing as big as it was in the original jedi outcast, maybe enough to see 3-5 model widths away on all sides. I just believe sensing via the force is a major jedi power and currently its just not useful enough for people to use actively.

One last possible change is to simply leave force sight how it is but add a passive 'radar' as described above that grows as your ranks in sight grow. So you'll always have your 'sphere of responibility', as Corran called it, where you can sense peopel (i.e. see a dot on the radar) but if you active it then you get the see through walls at a long range, the heal bar, etc.

As for the pluses ive seen:

A. Damage recognition! I always hated in Jedi Outcast how the enemy would grunt over every little thing. You could rarely tell if you just tapped them and dealt 1 damage or whether you slashed them good.

B. Customization. Its nice to have more customization. While its not 1000's of possiblities its surly enough to make people look different. Really adds a uniqueness to things. In the formentioned game I remember us all cheering on the Jawa, haha.

C. New taunts and animations. While its nothing big, it is kind of interesting to be able to do some moves.

Now I don't know everything about the game (but I am trying and learning) so here are my comments:

Just thought I would mention, my first multiplay experience was crap.

You lost? I lost my first game of JK1 badly, but I learned and eventually it became one of my favorite games. I got beat badly in my first few games of JK2 as well, but I had it in the back of my mind that oneday I would become a good player and enjoy it as I learned. I expect once the servers start showing some fast enough games with enough people in them, I'll be getting my you-know-what handed to me time and again, but I'll become a better player as a result!

Just got out of a fun power duel game. Some suggestions. Feel free to make comments on the suggestions.

I have yet to try this mode, but it sounds like it could be fun!

1. Increase force damage. I think most people feel this way.

I dunno, what about all those people complaining that Lightning kills almost instantly? I don't think everyone is in agreement about making Force more powerful. Personally I think it's about where it should be, but that's just me. ; )

2. I'd like to see an option to disable drain and heal. In duel modes it tends to drag games on and on and on and on and on^10. In the formentioned duel one guy was spending a half hour running around healing...he got vote kicked. Heh.

This option already exists. The server has the ability (Through the cfg file) to disable any and all force powers at their whim. I never found these powers to be a problem, as you just have to deal damage faster than they can heal, which isn't too hard with powerful guns, multiple explosives (faster reflexes than the other guy, taking lag into account of course) and instant hit kill moves.

Now in duels this might be a problem, but remember, the community demanded longer duels, so Raven nerfed the sabers in Duel mode. You can make them more powerful by using saberdamagescale 2 or 3. So you might be able to heal and drain fast, but you will be taking far more damage per hit and thus won't be able to keep up.

3. Fix absorb! I like how it is in single play and thought it was great how you could actually use it without losing force power constantly. I suggest ether a lower initial cost or to get rid of the per second cost. Currently, I believe, its 30 force power then about 1 a second. It should ether be one a second or a flat 30 cost, not both. Thoughts and comments on this?

The reason they did this is because Absorb makes nearly all the powers in a Dark Jedi's arsenal useless! Think about it... now only Dark Rage is worth anything vs. a competent Absorb user. So they had to balance it somehow. I know it sucks, but imagine how bad it would be if people could just absorb all day long and never get attacked with the Force? Then nobody would play Darkside anymore and you'd just end up with a heal+protect guns game.

; )

4. I could not tell in power duel but if its not already set as such, Id like to see it set where all living people get a "frag". That way the team is working as a team and not fighting over who gets the kill. Again, it may be this way.

Not having played it, I can't say I know how it works. So you might have me on that one...

5. Force sight. I'd like to see this have a more active roll. I believe it should not prevent force regen while turned on to encourage jedis to rely on the force more. I'd like comments on this as it may be 'over powered'.

At first this sounds like a great idea, and I'd agree, however wouldn't this make Mind Trick almost useless? Everybody would just have seeing on constantly and so you could never ever sneak up on anybody ever again... that and sniping people with the Disruptor would be near impossible (considering Level 3 seeing lets you autododge). It would totally throw off the balance of the game in that regard.

Alternativly or in addition to, id like to see force sight give a 'rear view mirror' or a small minimap to show you where enemies are on all sides.

Now this I would love to see. This is closer to how it worked in the original Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith. If all Jedi had access to it (and perhaps the Map would only be available on Level 3 or it would only show a few things on Level 1 and more on Level 3) it could be really cool.

Somebody needs to mod this. Considering Siege already has this in a way, it shouldn't be too hard to port it to FFA, CTF, etc.

Nothing as big as it was in the original jedi outcast, maybe enough to see 3-5 model widths away on all sides. I just believe sensing via the force is a major jedi power and currently its just not useful enough for people to use actively.

It is very powerful, as I mentioned before, being able to counter Mind Trick and dodge sniper shots. But the map idea is really good and I would love to see that in a mod. Perhaps to help balance, Mind Trick could be made more powerful (ie: it would show a brighter indicator to show you who was "blinded" to your presence).

One last possible change is to simply leave force sight how it is but add a passive 'radar' as described above that grows as your ranks in sight grow. So you'll always have your 'sphere of responibility', as Corran called it, where you can sense peopel (i.e. see a dot on the radar) but if you active it then you get the see through walls at a long range, the heal bar, etc.

See above, I like this idea.

As for the pluses ive seen:

A. Damage recognition! I always hated in Jedi Outcast how the enemy would grunt over every little thing. You could rarely tell if you just tapped them and dealt 1 damage or whether you slashed them good.

This is why I liked the blood patch (jk2_uncut_blood_27) because you knew exactly when you hit flesh and when you just hit shields or saber. I like the locational damage too, although there is an option to turn this off if you want to (in the server cfg again).

B. Customization. Its nice to have more customization. While its not 1000's of possiblities its surly enough to make people look different. Really adds a uniqueness to things. In the formentioned game I remember us all cheering on the Jawa, haha.

Yeah, agreed. ; )

C. New taunts and animations. While its nothing big, it is kind of interesting to be able to do some moves.

Agreed there too, Duel has all of those emotes, and I'm not too excited about seeing those (bow = peace!) abused, but at least you're vulnerable while they are going on, and you can bust out of them with an attack if you have to.

Ok, sorry. Big typo. #1 should be increase SABER damage, not force. Hhehe. I just got out of a server where I slashed a guy in the back about 10 times before he died...medium stance. He was afk and slowing up the duel. Seems stupid that a saber does so litte, and I hate heavy because it doesn't feel like a saber, it feels like a stupid baseball bat.

As for losing my first game? No, actually I didn't stay in all that long. Winning and losing has nothign to do with whether or not I like a game. I want a good sword/saber fighting game. Jedi Academy doesn't seem to be it...sigh.

As for your comments on absorb. I sort of disagree. A force user can do one quick grip for a small amount of force and force the person to turn on absorb (30 force down the drain). Now as long as they have it on they lose force. If they turn it off you do a quick grip again and another 30 down the drain. Before you know it the light side user is out of force and can no longer absorb...then its sure death for grip. Whether he turns it off or leaves it on, he is out of force power.

For the record I try to stick to duel servers and non-weapon servers. Free for all is just lame, its just a bunch of people randomly shooting and slashing in all directions looking to get someone else in the back. Yawn, just not my style.

Capture the flag would be fun but ive just never seen good servers for it. Siege I havn't really tried since all the ones ive seen are passworded, locked, or crash on me. I try to stick to the duels because its the closest thing we got to a good saber fight.

Ether way I think they screwed up in leaving heavy stance doing massive damage. I get so tired of watching people swing baseball bats at each other....we aren't gang members, we are jedi (supposedly)

It seems the really good games are to far and few between, guess ill wait for and hope for a mod. Actually if I can find the time I may be helping Jake do up the Colleseum mod. It'll most certainly have no guns (unless he wants to implement some type of bow and arrow) and it would have no force.

Archived