Home

The Co-op Thread

LD1984

Hello.

I think there should be a thread here to discuss our experiments with playing Single Player maps online. We all know it's possible, but to what extent?

I realize there's a co-op thread that was just made, but it seems to have imploded or something like that. I apologize if I'm doing anything n00bish.

This is what I've done so far:

I loaded Yavin1 (the first map in the game). Rosh wasn't there, and only part of the map seemed to load. When I wandered somewhere, the game crashed.

I also loaded Hoth2, hopped on a Tauntaun and went for a ride! There were stormtroopers there! I didn't notice any problems in this map, though I didn't play through the whole thing.

Using g_allownpc 1, I was able to spawn vehicles and npcs in one of the multiplayer maps (ffa5?). It was jolly good fun.

My roommate has a copy of the game, and we'll be experimenting more later.

PLEASE share your experiences/experiments! If we all work together, maybe we can compile a basic plan for some kind of Co-op mod! Then, some expert mod team might take the plan up and we'll all be heros.

Or maybe not!

Let's see....

If anybody is truly interested in Co-op, then we should all do some experiments!

What happens when the game hits one of those lovely in game cinematics? What about the NPCs being in the map when the level loads (IE: Kyle)

It would be awesome if some mappers could get together to make a bunch of new missions for the game....then they could be used online.

I'm wondering if people made singleplayer maps for Jedi Outcast. If they did, they would probably work in JA...and then they could probably be used online! Research time!

*faint*

PS: I'd take advantage of it BIG TIME!

More information!

I loaded up t1_inter, a map where an in-game cinematic takes place. I spawned as usual....running around the map that's supposed to be just for a cinematic. Everybody is just standing around and nobody talks. How sad.

In t2_depred,

The big fat guy never lets you out of your cell. He talks over the inetcom once though. There are troopers on the map, but they aren't in part of it. The At-st is gone, and there's no way to get through the level without using noclip. Also, the battle with the fat guy never occurs.

In t2_wedge, the explosives never show up. Pressing the use button does nothing.

In

t2_rancor, the rancor never shows up and there are no switches to open the prison cells

In

t2_bounty, Boba never shows up. Bombs can be planted but they never explode.....and the weapon piles never show up!

In conclusion, Co-op will be great....as soon as maps are made specifically FOR Co-op. There's just too much stuff in the single-player game that won't show up in multiplayer. It makes me sad to think about, but that's how it goes. I'm sure that creative mappers can make it all worthwhile though!

And sorry for the double post. This is new stuff, therefore...it should be in a new reply!

i loaded up hoth map in mp and was playing through it.... it was working pretty good except every once and a while it said in the corner it couldnt load up something. One thing that surprised me is that it counts the number of npc you have killed if you press tab, i thought you could have a sort of co-op contest and see who can get the most kill. also when i got up to a part you have to press a switch i coulnt press it.

i think co-op will work and be good if someone puts in the time and effort.

But will co-op servers have a two player limit?

What if you get paird (sp) with an ass/noob who just tries to kill you instead of completing the mission.

If the servers have more than a two player limit alot of the levels will be to easy.

It sounds great if you can work out these problems.

I think Co-op in this game (until a true mod comes out) will just have to be played with familiar people! Meet people here, invite them for a romantic game of Co-op!

The biggest issue at the moment is finding good Co-op maps. I'll probably be looking online for singleplayer Jedi Outcast maps, then I'll share!

Archived