Home

Jedi Academy MP Gameplay(attention lucasarts) :)

NatronX

Hoping that Lucasarts or whoever reads this and considers possibly fixing a few things about MP gameplay that bug me.

1:

The lightsabers don't clash when not swung. You can even sit still with a saber and stick it through somones body and it doesn't even hurt them. Even when two sabers intersect they dont even clash without movment....

2:

Why can we not stand on peoples heads anymore, it is rather anoying to slide right off...Yes why would we want to stand on players heads in the first place, but it's still anoying. :p

3:

In lightsaber combat, the emitting sparks from contact are terribly overdone, cheesy and unrealisticly large.. What happened to smoke and visually stunning small limited sparks.

I know some of you might disagree, but this is just the way I feel.

-Natron

I agree with number 3, there should be smoke and maybe half the sparks at about half the size. Two other things that I think should be fixed, when people do the dual kata (where the sabers fly around) people just turn their yawspeed up to about 3000 then they spin like mad and they are untouchable, plus it seems to make them do 3 times as much damage, you shouldn't be able to turn during the kata. And, I think some the single saber special moves should be alittle bit better, like the fast stance backstab and the yellow stance back slash should be faster, they always get me killed if I do them, and the yellow stance air attack should have a longer range, it rarely ever hits.

Well single saber seems to suck in no force servers. Seems like most single saber moves require some neutral force.

At any rate I would adjust things like so:

1. Make the spinning kata not allow movement. Like mentioned.

2. Make all single sabers do normal damage, high damage...whatever. In other words heavy stance shouldn't do more damage. The stances should be range of attack and speed....not damage. Light should be really short range like it is but quick attacks. Medium as it is. And heavy should be longer reach attacks (like it is) and slow. I hit this afk guy in the back like 10 time sbefore it killed him...which is dumb.

3. Enable all moves in a no force server. Many server already manually disable force but leave jump in.

4. Can you work on the yellow stance flip over the head move? I do that often but it never seems to kill anyone in multiplay. Rather, it never seems to even hit! Am I doing something wrong or is it just to high?

Originally posted by NatronX

3:

In lightsaber combat, the emitting sparks from contact are terribly overdone, cheesy and unrealisticly large.. What happened to smoke and visually stunning small limited sparks.

I find it kind of funny that you would use the word "unrealistic" in this sentence. I mean, if you think about it, fighting with lightsabers in itself is unrealistic.

And i want to be invisible, with 10 new force powers, faster and more deadly saber movesa and i want an awp and a desert eagle with infinite amount of rounds.

You know what, why dont you enable god mode just for me, and make me unbaneable so i can do whatever the f-uck i want.

And ohh yeah, a cooler custome too.

Originally posted by AxVegetA

And i want to be invisible, with 10 new force powers, faster and more deadly saber movesa and i want an awp and a desert eagle with infinite amount of rounds.

You know what, why dont you enable god mode just for me, and make me unbaneable so i can do whatever the f-uck i want.

And ohh yeah, a cooler custome too.

Now there's a cool guy [/sarcasm]

Hi guys,

Some good critiques which I agree with, especially # 4 in Tarus' post. Maybe one day they will get these tweaked out.

Lord Storm:

Unrealistic is refered to as the visual graphic elements, in this case the emiting sparks upon contact in lightsaber dueling. Not actual gameplay.

AxVegetA:

:lol:

-Natron

1. Force balance in multi SUCKs... 50 force for 20 points of heal? come on... 40 and 20 would be just about perfect. Push and Pull should not affect you at all if you have absorb enabled (the make you jump a little and pause even with absorb maxxed)

2. The kata moves. you should be able to move while using them. Otherwise they are pointless, leaving you open for attack from any gun weilding opponent. They also should cost less force... 25 force for a thrust after a roll? Yeah, I would never use any force for that... I can understand for the sabers akimbo being tossed through the air... but for spinning them in front of you? Mabye with the staff you would use force to jump across the room, but never for kicking. Plus they are too powerfull... One jab (w+c+attack1) and they die...

Needs work and balancing... anyone know the cvars to change these if any? what we really need is a promod for JA that works with force powers too... (i.e. lightning would do less damage at the edges and more in the center...)

I think that the actual lightsaber moves shouldn't cost any amount of force at all. I mean that is retarded...it is the skill of the jedi that he can accomplish these moves, not his force abilities...well on second thought maybe it is. :D But still, it is kind of weird to run out of force and not be able to stab somone or whatever...

I agree Masterpayin, the Kata moves are kind of weird without movement and everything deffinantly cost too much force...

I wonder if we are just wasting our breath or if somone of importance is actually reading this and considering these possibilities...

-Natron

Archived