Home

JA saber Tutorial

Psynex

• 2 weeks later...

Great JOB Psy :)

Within an hour I was able to make my first custom Saber (with 3 sabers) (4rth comming up).

Anyway, I also stumbled upon the Tag issue and someone whispered to me that the alignment of the saber will be on the X axis of the TAG in Modview.....

And here ocmes my question... how do I modify (rotate) X,Y,Z axis of the TAG's within Gmax?

___

Here a screenie of the wrong pointing blades (also notice that some parts are still to be skinned)

Actually the blades run along the negative X axis (opposite direction of the X axis). I'm glad you were able to follow along and get the saber(s) in-game. Granted the tags are the most cumbersome part of the entire process. My tut doesn't do a great job of covering that.

In order to change the direction of those, just rotate the tags. That will change the direction of the blades. I wish there were a better way to explain, like a sure-fire position for the tags, but I'm pretty sure I stand for everyone when I say...you just have to play around with them.

Reason: MD3View.exe does something wierd to the tags when exporting to GLM. Basically it rotates them 90 degrees. So what I do is just rotate the tag in Gmax 90 degrees in the direction that would make the blade point properly.

Looks like it will be a bit more difficult for you because you have the one blade on your saber pointing at a strange angle.

Hmmm I thought I'd already tried to change the sabers' tags (i.e. rotate)... well I give it a new shot tonight/tomorrow morning and see how she comes out :)

ANd concerning the "spike bladed saber" that one (hopefully) changes the same way (90degr.) would do the trick here too I guess/hope.

Thnx for the great tutorial for now :)

(and how the hell do you know what my wife always tells me? (you just have to...) :D :D :D)

Archived