Home

How do you apply user-made skins in SP?

lankyframe

At the moment I haven't bothered to work out how you use a SP skin for your created character in SP...however you can still play through SP using any skin you like by swaping the skin with another model in the game and then typing playermodel "modelname" in the console. There are even models that aren't in the SP game that you can use such as Lando. If you wanted to play as ep1_obi in SP all you have to do is extract the ep1_obi .pk3 into a folder somewhere. Once you have extracted the .pk3 into a folder you'll see it comes out like models/players/ep1_obi . All you have to do is change the name ep1_obi to Lando so it looks like models/players/lando. Now click on the models folder and using winzip zip it up. You'll end up with a models.zip. Just rename that to something like obi_lando.pk3 and pop it into your base folder. Once in game bring down the console and type playermodel lando and you'll change into ep1_obi.

hope this helps.

Originally posted by lankyframe

Im sorry i mis lead every1 i meant to ask how do i use a model that i have for MP to be usable for SP?

lankyframe, if you simply want to you characters that already exist

in MP, all you have to do is use this console command: playermodel

For examble if you want to play as Tavion in SP. You would type:

playermodel tavion

For a list of Characters you can play as...take a look at this post:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112354

Not sure if that's what you wanted to know. Hope it helps.

IMF-Arel-

Originally posted by Spider AL

I'd be interested to know this as well, I've looked at the old JO tutorials and I've started fumbling my way through the process (slowly), but a detailed JA specific guide would be great, if anyone's managed to do this yet.

I think some of the Raven guys will be writing tutorials about this.

But here is what I have found so far. You can use the playermodel to replace the player with either different custom parts or another NPC. What I did was copy a .npc file and alter the parameters to point to my new playermodel directory. Once I zip my model and the .npc into a .pk3 and put it into my base directory, you can then use the playermodel command to replace the player with your new model.

When I used another NPC's .npc file as my own, it seemed that when I used the playermodel command, the player inherited some of the abilites of the NPC. I haven't looked at it too much yet, but I don't fully know yet how the .npc file affects things.

P.S. Does anyone know how to give the player the various stances for the single lightsaber? Thanks :)

Okay, I've played around a bit more. You can look at all the parameters in the .npc files to get an idea what you can set. If a parameter isn't set when you switch to that model, the game uses whatever was set at the time of the switch.

You can set blue, red, and yellow saber stances by putting :

sabersyle 1

saberstyle 2

saberstyle 3

Archived