Home

Making NPC's

Zappa_0

This is what I do best. Making and editing NPCs. It's pretty easy, you just need to extract the assets0.pk3 to a folder, and open up or make a .npc file with notepad. Here's an example of what a new Scout Trooper npc would probably look something like:

ScoutTrooper

{

playerModel scout_trooper

weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL

health 30

headPitchRangeDown 30

reactions 3

aim 1

move 3

aggression 3

evasion 1

intelligence 5

rank crewman

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

// race klingon

class CLASS_IMPERIAL

height 64

crouchheight 38

walkSpeed 51

runSpeed 200

snd st1

sndcombat st1

sndextra st1

yawspeed 70

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 10

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 20

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

If you need any help, just ask me.

IMPORTANT: In Jedi Outcast you need to call the NPC and it's model something like storm(something) rebel(something) jedi(something) reborn(something) or tavion(something). Like this:

stormScoutTrooper

{

playerModel stormscout_trooper

weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL

health 30

headPitchRangeDown 30

reactions 3

aim 1

move 3

aggression 3

evasion 1

intelligence 5

rank crewman

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

// race klingon

class CLASS_IMPERIAL

height 64

crouchheight 38

walkSpeed 51

runSpeed 200

snd st1

sndcombat st1

sndextra st1

yawspeed 70

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 10

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 20

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

I do not know if you have to do so in Jedi Academy, because I only have the demo and you can't mod it.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

I do not know if you have to do so in Jedi Academy, because I only have the demo and you can't mod it.

It appears you don't in Jedi Academy. You can name it whatever you want. The class variable probably determines most of its behavior...

Originally posted by Prime

It appears you don't in Jedi Academy. You can name it whatever you want. The class variable probably determines most of its behavior...

That's GREAT news, because I'm already planning to add 932942 new NPCs and do a whole lot of editing. I HATED having to call stuff rebelCloneTrooper and stormBattleDroid, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm ok i figured out how to make an npc now, but the thing is, when i try to test spawn him in game, it says npc bad 10 i think* and a npc shows up, and all but its invisible. any help would b appreciated heheh, i used pakscape to turn it into a .pk3, i used the folders ext_data/npcs/ then its names Snake_npc.npc (for the data i typed the name of the .pk3 that coems with the model, in this case Snakev2 instead of snakev2.pk3, perhaps thats what is making it invisible? oh and the top name i used was just snake)

ok, im well on my way to making an npc pack, but a little help, does anybody know one of the "classes" for somebody to actually run around and shoot, not just stand there like a stormie, sorta like boba, but w/o being able to jetpack way up n fly, and use the flamethrower, if anybody could tell me, the faster i can get the pack done ^.^

Archived