Home

academy editor/sp level

acewombat

Is there a curent up to date version of radiant? (The editor) I just got academy. I haven't done any editing since outast ast year. Where can I get it? Also will the old mods maps skins and models made for Outcast work with academy? Is there a patch yet?

Also in the sp game the level sith crypt-anyone know what to do after you smash the support beams chains and the roof falls in. A walkthru I read said return to the room where you had to open the door with the three symbols but the door is still closed.

• 3 months later...

Lucasfiles.com (last time I checked) offered all the available editing tools for Jedi Academy for download (including the latest JA version of Radient).

As far as JK2 mods working with Academy it's like this:

JK2 Skins/Models in JA: Yes.

While a few animations are screwed up generally (dual saber barrier and dual sabers taunt) the game converts them to work on the fly so no modification is needed.

Weapons and saber hilts are the same way, but you may notice minor glitches in them unless they have been specifically tweaked for JA.

JK2 maps in JA: Partial.

JA uses different textures than JK2, so many maps will have missing textures (the familiar checkerboard default texture) or goofy looking ones unless they are tweaked for JA. You can convert over the textures yourself from your JK2 cd if you want and a few people have released JK2 texture packs on the 'net (however this is generally frowned upon and most sites refuse to carry these huge texture packs, and with good reason).

SP Maps are a bigger problem since the scripted events may not work at all or cause problems, but generally the maps can be played (you may need to cheat to get past some parts if it glitches up).

JK2 scripts in JA: Partial

Most of the game mechanics have changed little from JK2 to JA (though many new moves are in JA that weren't in JK2) so most scripts that worked in JK2 will work in JA or only require minor tweaking. Some things (like flip kicks) aren't in the new game so scripts for these moves simply won't work. Moves that have had their timing or button combination changed also may not be as effective.

JK2 mods in JA: No

If you want to use mods from JK2 in JA you either need to re-create the mod yourself or else wait for the author to make a JA version, sorry.

Archived