Home

Darth Windu's Idea for SWGB2!

Darth Windu

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROTFLMAO!

"This pompei person"

Pompei - as you obviously never figured out - is one of those rare people who actually back up their arguments with FACTS directly from the Scenario Editor, applied to continous balance testing.

you on the other hand, want the game's balance(which is second to none) be distrupted just because Rebels for example, didn't have Mechs in the movies.

As for you dissing Mega, he's one of the top players out there, so I suggest you play him before you feel up to dissing him.

Hell if you dont want to play him play ME! :D

Now to address your unknowing of the games inner workings:

1. Naboo air is the best because:

a) They have 10% discount in T4

b) They have all the upgrades

c) They are 10% faster when you upgrade them

Now to elaborate on that:

10% discount means that a Naboo vs Rebel player will cram out more air. 1-0 for Naboo.

Both sides have all air upgrades. still 1-0 for Naboo.

10% faster means that Naboo FU fighters are the equivalent of awings, only more durable(this has been proven by Pompei)

Total: 2-0 for Naboo.

2. Your credibility

Seeing how I've never seen or heard of you in the inter+++/xpert circles I think its safe to assume youre either a newbie or a scenario player. The latter being most probable.

So by definition, your whole gaming experience rests on playing scenarios where units are tweaked in effort do somehow convert a RTS game into a RPG. :rolleyes:

Play RM a bit, learn how to manage an economy and an army, then go around calling Pompei, Mega and after you read this mine's names. ;)

Good website to check out strategies:

http://www.mrfixitonline.com

In case you want to supply a valid argument, my Zone Name is CIR_Syndic and Im always up for a 1v1 game, standard RM Settings(random land map, tiny map, standard resources, fast speed, normal map reveal, conquest victory conditions).

~S~

People, people! Settle down, please! I feel I need to step in on Windu's behalf, but the Force knows why I'm doing so... anyway, Windu is referring to the movies, not the game, in stating that Rebel air is better than Naboo. Clearly from the movies the Naboo are inexperienced and inflexible while the Rebels are battle-hardened with well-rounded.

And because we haven't heard of some supposedly famous Zoner speaks nothing of our ability to play the game, more of our ability to avoid the Zone. It is possible to play RM games without resorting to the Zone, is it not?

I think gungans have the best air. There is nothing worse than having a large army of trooper and mechs only to have 50 birdies fly above and shower them with droppings. It is quite a disgusting site. And smells bad to boot.

What is the zone? Is that like Michael Jordan? I heard Marv Alberts say one time that "he is in the zone". Did Pompei play for the bulls too?

Its Ice btw

I have to agree with nexu lol gungan air rocks :)

admiral i don't mean to sound mean but u really haven't played completive RM until you play in the inter+/expert games online.

and like syn said pomp probably knows the most about this game through testing in the editor out of anyone on earth but the designers themselves.

and yes naboo air is better then rebs in this game and yes it is very very possible to win by going all air(trannies, acers, fighters, etc).

Originally posted by Darth Windu

1. Naboo have 1 type of combat aircraft, Rebels have 5

2. Naboo struggled to destroy 1 ship, Rebels destroyed many ships and 2 death stars

3. Naboo are a security force, Rebels are military

Hm. Darth Windu, you should really think about what your saying. Its completely lame. No offense, but I have never heard off you and you know nothing about RTS.

In RTS, you need balance, without balance, the game is limited. E.g. Balance = Counterattacks. Nothing is super, or you can win the game with.

Your saying that the rebels should have more air, and no mechs? So think about this. If your rebels, and all you make it air, all I have to do is add mass of AA to my frontline attack and your screwed, because as your trying to destroy my mixed units of mechs, hvy weapons, troopers and cannons, my AA troopers+AA mobiles are killing you. Which leaves you open with no defence. Because you have nothing to throw at me apart from air.

Okay, all you new people listen up: we are talking about a possible SWGB2 here, not the current SWGB you are all familiar with.

Don't presume I only play against the computer. To be honest I don't see the difference between playing someone you've never met on the Zone and playing your good friend whose really good at RTS games over a modem or direct IP.

_IVIeGaTI2oN_: You are correct that Windu knows nothing of balance. He wants to give the Rebels no mechs, yet he has built in such a fundamental weakness to Aircraft (their continuous need for Gas) that it will be virtually impossible for them to win. The Rebels have no amazingly good Trooper abilities, so I can't see them being a balanced civ at all.

Syndic - as Vostok said, im talking about SWGB2, not the original. Also, so what if i dont know about an online player? That means what to me?

Quicka - you know nothing about me, nor about my knowledge of RTS games. I have a large and varied collection and have been playing them for many years, all completed on the hardest difficulty setting.

Also, you have to remember that in my idea, there are no AA Troopers or AA Mobile's.

_IVIeGaTI2oN_ - not quite. The Empire had 4 TIE's, the TIE Fighter (ep4), Vader's Fighter (ep4), TIE Bomber (ep5) and TIE Interceptor (ep6)

Vostok - actually, Rebel infantry recieve the Spy and Engineer, with their own special powers. In addition, all non-Jedi Rebel infantry can entrench themselves, increasing their range, armour and rate-of-fire. Furthermore, Rebel Rocket Troopers recieve an anti-armour bonus, making them the most effective in the game.

guys me , mega, nexu and others that have replied to this post(dont feel like scrolling through) are experts at this game. we could beat you guys 1v7. if you dont believe me 7 of you guys arrange an "ip game" and me or mega will be happy to ablige you. and when swgb 2 comes out(if it does) we will own you 1v7 in that too. in fact give us 1 week with any rts and we will win 1v7.

given this fact. you should listen to what mega has to say. he knows every little detail about this game and all rts games. and you can learn allot from what he has to say. AND the developement of swg2 can be greatly improved by what he has to say. he has a post on mfo, on what REALLY should be done in swg2 to bring it too perfection.

the reason why some of us experts came here and ruined your little fun is because we are afraid to **** that someone will actually listen to your ideas from lucas arts and pass the info onto ensemble. Thus turning the game into heroes of might and majic and pissing us off unbelievably.

im sure mega can dig up his post and copy it here. and when he does all of you better read and learn, because mega ownz u.

-hostility

1st of all we dont pass on anything wateva lucas arts designers come up with is what we get. These are just brain storms/ideas for what WE might like to see in the next game if wateva we posted hear went to LA itself im sure u would c alot of crazy s**t on these forums.

i play the game almost every day and yes I dont wont it turning out crappy at all.

PS- dont worry the release 4 swgb 2 is probably a long way off also feel free to post your own ideas up I really look forward to reading them.

OHH AND THANX FOR THE RECORD SITE !!!!

ya np on the site. already there are some great games there. im gunna be adding allot of features to that site as long as it stays active.

yea you are totally righti doubt any of this will ever be put into the hands of someone developing the game. and even if it did, he would most likely laff and throw it away.

nonetheless if there is actually going to be a sequal to this game i am already prepared to be disapointed. just going by the rts games that have been released recently. which imo were a big disapointment.

here is the fundamental problem.

companies are going to market thier game to the general game buying public. if you drew a bell curve of skill level players most would fall in the middle somewhere. so as a company you can make the most money by trying to target that market.

now most average skilled rts players want to buy a game, take it home out of the box. install it and play. they dont wanna have to deal with a learning curve and have to micro thier eco and or military. they just wanna place thier units and watch some cool explosions.

for the average expert player. the more micro the better. an expert player wants a eco that is hard to manage and takes allot of work. they also want military units that require allot of intensive care.

so what the expert player finds challenging is what makes the average player smash the game into a thousand pieces and set it on fire.

you will never see an expert player in a game like RON for instance because there is practically no micro to set a good player apart. its just a bunch of people who know how to play and a bunch of people who dont.

which is why you will find that the best rts players still play, aokc/aok, swg/cc or aom.

swg/cc is already well balanced as it is. plays fast with lots of micro. to be honest if thier was a sequal i wouldnt want to see much changed at all as far as balancing or gameplay. i would like to see a few more civs, maybe bring it up to par with aoc. some additional units along with counters. maybe another tech level and an additional resource.

i would like to see some things done about: laggy games, out of sync errors, and support for firewalls. as well as an upgrades zone which included rated games. also i would like to see improveement on the random map engine. first problem, its really not random, secondly it often spits otu maps that are completely one sided.

thanks guys,

hostiliy

Guest DarthMaulUK

Lets all take a deep breath here.

Lucasarts do look at the forums for ideas and listen to community ideas, which helps Garry decide the direction of the game, combined with his own vision.

I know people like Mega and yes, they are very good players who could probably end a battle inside 10 minutes! hehe

This forum is for players of all standards and lets keep things on topic, otherwise ......

DMUK

DMUK is wise, DMUK is good...

Let's get back on topic. GiRL_Hostility, I can see why you got your name, but instead of just dumping on our ideas how about a little constructive criticism as well? So what if you can beat us? It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game, as far as I'm concerned. If the game is fun I'll play it, as will most other people, as simple as that. Whether I can beat it or not is secondary. It doesn't matter how much micro or whatever is in the game, but having said that balance is important, because no fun can come from imbalance.

Now, due to the staleness of this thread, thanks in part to Windu's decision to not change a single piece of his plan no matter what critics say, everyone go check out mine.

ya well, i tried to be nice to you guys and participate in your discussion. i also stuck up for some of my friends online while still trying to be civil with you guys. which you guys were extremely rude to. like you are being to me now. funny how these guys can say whatever they want and dont get threatened by a moderator.

well its obvious that im not welcome here. so dont bother banning me i wont post here again.

before i go i think its really cool that you guys are making the effort putting these documents together and stuff for the new game. But if you really want the game to be good, you should set your arrogance asside, stop being so close minded, and listen to what other players have to say. instead of banning them form the board if they dont agree. if anyone is really serious about putting this kinda work together, they should team with an expert player or at least discuss it.

Girl_hostility - if you read through the posts, it is your new group that began being rude to us, not the other way around.

Like Vostok said, it would be fine if it was constructive critism, but its not. Instead, all you guys (and gals) are doing is trashing our ideas and not coming up with anything yourselves.

I am quite happy to be civil with everyone here if they are willing to be civil towards me.

Vostok - not true, i have just changed a few features of my idea but have not put it up on my site yet, i'll do that soon. The changes are-

1. Geonosian Fighter - weapon becomes a short range area-of-effect attack

2. Tibianna Gas is collected in the same way as before, but is now required to build aircraft instead of maintaining them

Girl_hostility - if you read through the posts, it is your new group that began being rude to us, not the other way around.

Like Vostok said, it would be fine if it was constructive criticism, but its not. Instead, all you guys (and gals) are doing is trashing our ideas and not coming up with anything yourselves.

I am quite happy to be civil with everyone here if they are willing to be civil towards me.

Vostok - not true, i have just changed a few features of my idea but have not put it up on my site yet, i'll do that soon. The changes are-

1. Geonosian Fighter - weapon becomes a short range area-of-effect attack

2. Tibianna Gas is collected in the same way as before, but is now required to build aircraft instead of maintaining them

Archived