ChineseJedi

Can you run JA properly?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run JA properly?

• Yes, both MP and SP.
    • Only SP
    • Only MP
    • Neither

Andy867, heh... I believe it is with Force Feedback off (as I don't play with a FF mouse or joystick). But in all honesty I don't really care, since my eyes can't tell the difference over 30 fps (I doubt yours can too unless you're superhuman).

I'm as pleased as punch with my setup as is - everything looks gorgeous and gameplay is zippy fast.

Originally posted by Andy867

the invalid game folder error represents the obvious truth that there are still many illegal beta users that are running servers, and some of them get listed into the master server, and the eroor represents the incompatibility of the two.

LOL u bastard... u have an uber computer. What do u have the dell gamin computer? Forget what its called. Dimension XP or something like that.

Actually, its a custom computer that I built from scratch...

AMD XP 1900

768 MB DDR PC-2700 RAM

80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Gainward GeForce Ti4800 SE Golden Sample (upgrading it soon possibly)

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer

17" Monitor

I just do regular maintenance on it and keep it up to speed in drivers.

Chewy289, you do appreciate that by turning off dynamic glow, you're missing out on some of the nicer visual enhancements in Academy? Also, though on paper a frame-rate of 115 might sound spiffy, you should be aware that the human eye can't honestly discern a difference much past 30 (when you go to the movies, the film is being projected at 24 frames per second; NTSC television is 30 frames per second or 60 fields per second).

The point? You're sacrificing better looking graphics for the sake of a meaningless fps boost. If I were you, I'd leave r_dynamicglow on. So long as your original average was around 50, it's meaningless to degrade visuals.

Just my humble opinion. :)

Also, I'm not 100% on this, but tinkering with com_maxfps may result in packet loss between you and MP servers. I'd leave that at its default as well.

Archived