Home

Your Jedi Theories

warchampion

Okay, look. The Jedi holocrons ARE the way to open your FS slot. They tell you to master a certain skill, and you do that... Then you master another, etc... Jedi Holocrons tell you one skill, Sith Holocrons tell you another... This wasn't how it originally was, I'm sure, but this is how it is for right now, and I'll tell you why.

The Devs are getting a little worried. They expected Jedi to show up in the first couple months, and nobody's done it. Now they're losing customers. What to do? Make it fairly easy for people to get the FS slot for a little while, then they'll change it back to the original method that nobody can figure out.

They used the holocrons as dropped hint items because of this: They Devs said that, especially since they've now implemented Dark Jedi class into the Jedi Skill Tree, they want Jedi to start out as good, and then 'fall' to the dark side. What better way to do that than to force you to fight thugs and kill dark Jedi for holocrons? Plus they can still maintain they're original statement of "it's different for everybody" because not everybody has to master the same professions.

Why would they trick you into thinking it's the Jedi Holocrons and then make it not. They came out and said that, as of the patch that made the old Holocrons splinters, that the new Holocrons are the key. If they weren't, then Sony and LucasArts could royally get the crap sued out of them.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'd say that once they've got at least one Jedi on each server, they'll change it back to the original method of opening the FS slot. Until then, good luck to you who are Holocron searching.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they really have made it that lame, I probably will not buy an account. That makes it so all the lamers who are camping dark jedi and their entire game is just a quest to open the FSCS will probably end up being Jedi. And that's lame. First, they'll be running around boasting and be killed every time they do something. There will be hundreds of people stalking them just as the dark jedi are being camped. Second, they'll probably give up after they find out that becoming FS is (hopefully) the easy part of becoming a Jedi. So we really will end up with no Jedi after all. Either they'll give up or they'll constantly be getting killed by the huge hunting parties following their every move. I hope I'm correct that SOE has just put that in there as a diversion. I really think my friend is going to become FS very soon, and he's not even trying. That's the way it should be. You should be focussing on playing and stumble across something that starts you on your path. And I think that it's silly to think that any judge would hear a case from a pimply 13 year old trying to sue SOE cause they may have implied that the new holocrons are the way when they're not really. From what I read, I didn't even get think they were saying for sure that they are the way. It sounded to me more like it was a suggestion that it might be helpful. But in any case, if I find out that there are Jedi coming from camping the dark jedi, I most likely will not buy my account. That's just too lame.

The Devs are getting a little worried. They expected Jedi to show up in the first couple months, and nobody's done it. Now they're losing customers. What to do? Make it fairly easy for people to get the FS slot for a little while, then they'll change it back to the original method that nobody can figure out.

LOL, they should never have put Jedi in at all really. :D

When making a game in a time of no Jedi, don't put Jedi in. First rule. :D

Some people just can't get thru their heads that this is NOT the time of the Jedi, and the Jedi arn't around to win this fight. It's up to the regular people this time to put things right. :)

You know, Thats just a darn good point.

And yet... It would just be neat from a roleplaying perspective to have to play someone so furtively, secretly...

It was a time of no Jedi's...

Or were they just so good at hiding we never knew they were there.. ?

:wstupid:

Well, as an extreme role-player (I was recently told by several people that I was the realistic role-player they'd ever encountered. Makes me kinda proud. You can typically find me playing an old war hero named Emmer Binst on Sunrunner in a Tatooine Cantina, telling old war stories for the 'kids'), I would say that, yes, your right, no Jedi... It would make it more realistic. Make PvP unconcentual so you could have some sort of outlaw class while your at it. It would as make you less likely to get cheated by some shady smuggler if you could hunt him down, or hire a bounty hunter to do it. Then it would also create the need for PC city gaurds.

But this is a Jedi thread, so I'll go back to the Jedi.

Here's the thing. In a perfect world, everybody would role-play, and I'd be able to walk into a Med Center and have a nurse come up and say "Please sit down, the Doctor will be with you shortly." Fact of the matter is, that most of the people on SWG don't role-play, and Sony knows this. Thus, they must try to cater to everybody's needs. Despite what everybody thinks, they ARE in this business to make money, and, thus, should do whatever they feel will accomplish that goal. If that means including Jedi in the game, then so be it. I'm personally happy that they didn't make it a starting class to cater to that vast majority who just want to kill things with a lightsaber.

For those who want to be a Jedi, keep at it. You'll figure it out eventually. For all those role-players out there, when somebody asks you if you've heard anything about opening the FS slot, just do what I do.

/shrug

Not sure what you're talking about, kiddo. But you remind me of this fella I knew on Coruscant. Bright eyed kid, full of ambition. Dumb as stick he was, though, heh heh. Why I remember one time...

Excactly, EmmerBinst. :)

Thus my commernt earlier:

Some people just can't get thru their heads that this is NOT the time of the Jedi, and the Jedi arn't around to win this fight. It's up to the regular people this time to put things right. :)

:D

You know, Thats just a darn good point.

And yet... It would just be neat from a roleplaying perspective to have to play someone so furtively, secretly...

It was a time of no Jedi's...

Or were they just so good at hiding we never knew they were there.. ?

According to canon sources, which some people would have you believe is the only source to go after, there are no more Jedi except for Obi-Wan and Yoda at the time of ANH. This game starts shortly after the destruction of the first Death Star so that really leaves only Yoda left.

However, I myself believe there are more out there, but only the handfew mentioned in any of the EU sources. And that's not alot, compared to the thousands of Jedi during TPM for instance and before.

Force sensitive people ,however, is a whole nother issue. There are of course alot of Force sensitive people out there, some don't even know it themselfs. But being Force sensitive does not make them a Jedi. :)

Archived