Home

Jedi Academy Runner

TheAphextwin

Amidala from Chop Shop: Thx. I hoped I could at least host 6 players without significant loss of gameplay but 4 isn't half bad since i'm talking about a duel server.

TheAphextwin: I noticed the Weapons menu dont include the Fists, although your sample cfg transcript showed the debugmelee. Is it possible to turn on the debugmelee option and allow fists on any server type?

Cheers.

Jedi Academy Runner is designed to configure and launch servers for multiplayer, not single player. The melee option is a multiplayer option that allows you to punch, kick, and shoot lightning with both hands. The player can also use guns, but obviously can't use a lightsaber since no points are assigned to it (you must use the Force to wield a lightsaber). The server must enable it with g_debugmelee 1 and the player must assign no points to Saber Offense in her Force profile to use melee.

October 14 2003 version 1.0.9

Fixed some typos and defaults (thx Admin Amidala, defalc)

Fixed selection of jampDed.exe (thx Darth Rosh)

Removed hunk,zone and sound megs cvars (not supported thx jmonroe)

Removed dmflags (not supported thx jmonroe)

Removed g_needpass (automatically set thx jmonroe)

Added new logging cvar (thx jmonroe)

JA Runner 1.0.9 beta

In Jedi Outcast MP, if you took away all points assigned to Saber Attack you lost your lightsaber, meaning you had the Stun Baton instead.

In Jedi Academy the Stun Baton is only usable with cheats, so you have Melee instead.

Melee is nice because you can still do most acrobatic moves while it is in use (unlike the Stun Baton which was just like any other non-saber weapon, meaning you couldn't roll with it for example), although like the saber you're forced to use third person mode only.

Melee also is used by non-Jedi classes in Siege, since they lack Lightsabers of any kind.

Anyway, Melee works in JA, its just that g_debugmelee 1 gives you several more moves to use with it. Without the command you can only punch. With it, you can perform staff style kicks with Secondary fire and do grapples by pressing forward or backward plus both attack buttons. G_debugmelee 1 also grants the ability to stick to walls indefinately (as long as you hold the key).

g_debugmelee 1 is simply a way to make Melee much more useful in multiplayer.

Once I registered at JK3servers.com (free registration) I found that clicking my IP will show me stuff that Jedi Live did, like who's in the game, what the settings are, even shows what weapons and force powers are allowed... :) I tried using Jedi Academy Runner, and it would execute JADEDMP.exe but wouldn't even actually start the server. :(

Archived