Home

not sure if this the right place (colored text and other questions)

Chemical_X

i was quite unsure where to post so dont blame me :confused:

did some search here, however i couldnt find answer to my very common quetions..

quoting from the other post

first of all how to enable colors in game names? (not the ones on the scoretable), feel like colorblind in game LOL

second, is there a way to enable mulitply duels? Only one duel at a time can be annyoing sometimes..

third: how to enable the admin feature, tried the old jk2 thingy, didnt work

fourth: Why's that yellow error msg spam (happens every now and then)

any help appreciated

:)

first of all how to enable colors in game names? (not the ones on the scoretable), feel like colorblind in game LOL

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114732

second, is there a way to enable mulitply duels? Only one duel at a time can be annyoing sometimes..

Not sure, but you might try this command (as the admin):

\rcon g_privateduel 2

(instead of 1 or 0, it might not work... untested)

third: how to enable the admin feature, tried the old jk2 thingy, didnt work

If you set in your cfg file prior to launching the server:

seta rconpassword <your password here>

Then either when you have your game running (with the dedicated server binary), click on it in local (after starting up a copy of JAMP.exe) and then click on "password" and enter the password you set.

Or, if you joined the server and didn't enter the password first, you can type the following in the console:

\rconpassword <your password here>

In any case, once as the admin you can enter commands, but you have to put \rcon before each command.

So for example:

\rcon status

To see current players connected.

fourth: Why's that yellow error msg spam (happens every now and then)

Go into the console and scroll up with the PageUp/PageDown keys to see what it is. Usually I get it if there's missing shaders or something. Usually doesn't matter too much.

1: i meant when you look at somebody in game, you see the name completly colorless ..

2: tried didnt work :|

3: i meant admin not rcon, like in jk2 it was like set adminpass xxxx

4: yes it was a weird hilt , after deletion i dont have the problem anymore :atat:

1: i meant when you look at somebody in game, you see the name completly colorless ..

That's just how the game is, when I look at somebody's name the letters are all red, even if their name normally is in 6 different colors.

The only time name colors change is in Team games (IIRC) where the blue team has blue names and the red team has red names when you look at somebody, but that's all.

2: tried didnt work :|

Bummer... wait for a mod then I guess. : (

3: i meant admin not rcon, like in jk2 it was like set adminpass xxxx

Rcon is just the syntax for the admin commands. Its short for "remote control" meaning you can use it if you're joining the server from outside it (since normally the dedicated server itself is just a dos box with a bunch of text in it... and that's where you're sending those commmands). So in that sense rcon = admin. See my previous post and that's how you set the password. Not everything is the same in JK2, but that's how it works for me.

4: yes it was a weird hilt , after deletion i dont have the problem anymore

; )

Originally posted by Chemical_X

Mods such as Jedi Academy Mod and Dueler's Mod in JKII:JO enabled multiple simultaneous duels. Dueler's Mod has a really cool feature: it would auto-assign duels ladder fashion, and when you were dueling someone everyone else except your opponent would disappear. When the duel was over everyone would reappear.

May I ask you one of my annoying questions about servers?

How can I make my "joining-my-server-shortcut" to make me join as Rcon?

Now my joining shortcut looks like this:

"C:\Program\Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +set net_port 29071 +connect 192.168.0.31:29070

What shall I add to join as a rcon?

Archived