Home

New Total Conversion (like never before!) :)

Padawan_jonny

Can we do this?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Can we do this?

• Yes! this is an execllent idea!
    • Yes!!! And I can help!
    • Yes, perhaps. I cant help though.
    • No, sorry, but it's too hard, surely.
    • No way, it's not even a good/fun idea!

O.K. This new Total Conversion Idea is going to be HARD!

This is so much of a Total Conversion, it's pretty much a different game!

Here's the general idea:

1) The Idea is to make a TC, well, more of a Game, based on survival.

2) You could begin the game by choosing what you want your character to look like, what weapons, style, etc. For this, we could use the selection process in Jedi Academy Single Player :)

3) For the Character you could make some skins with camoflage, hunting gear, etc.

4) Weapons available could be defined by a style of hunting with subcategories ie.

---Bow - this category could have subcategories such as Longbow, American Longbow, Compound Bow etc.

---Rifle - This category could consist of multiple hunting Rifles.

---Other - This could consist of things like knives, or pistols.

5) for a Multiplayer mode we could have a Free-for-all hunt (except you hunt each other :) )

6) You could, for the Single- Player, have a quota that you must meet and have maybe another hunter there aswell. Sort of a storyline.

7) Choose location :) It would be a fun Idea to choose which part of the world to go to.

8) Money! You could purchase upgrades and stuff with it.

9) You could have, as part of the single-player campaign, an opportunity to help with arising problems ie. For one or two missions you could add variety by helping destroy the over-Hunting problem in Africa (kill the hunters etc.) Or go to Northern Ireland and kill the puma and panther roaming County Armagh :)

Anyways this would be such a cool game/TC!!!!

Experienced Skinners, Mappers, Coders, Story/Script Writers, Modellers would be greatly appreciated as I can only make the most basic of skins :\.

We can do this!!!! And it would be GREAT!!!

Ok so I have been thinking about it, and I thought, hold on, could we make this have an RPG-ish style to it?

Obviously, to buy a weapon, your going to have to buy it from someone who sells them.

What about things like experience points and the like?

Could we perhaps find a way to have a system which would take the form of SWGalaxies?

For example.

1)You create a character.

2)You choose where in the world to go to, say Canada.

3)You now have a character in Canada. With your starting money, you pay a builder to build a little shack in the forest.

4) You go to the nearest town, and decide to purchase a cheap longbow.

5) The weapon dealer says to you he hasn't got any at the moment. The weapon Dealer then goes in his 4x4 to a woodcutter, and buys some wood off him. He goes back to his Shop, and turns round to his Bowmaker, and gives him the planks of wood.

6) You come back the next day, and pay him for the longbow aswell as extra equipment.

7) You go hunting (with our really cool hunting-realistic engine, which is actually the jedi academy engine :) )

8)The cycle continues. We get dedicated servers up.

Of course, this is pretty much what a friend suggested, or at least, he suggested a small part of it and suddenly all the above ideas popped up :) But maybe, just maybe, this is slightly possible :p

A word of advice:

a) If you don't know how to do it, it probably won't get done - never rely on someone else to do anything for you.

b) Don't do a damn thing for the 'community' - trying to fly a ship with 'community fuel' won't get you free of the atmosphere - speaking metaphorically, of course.

c) This is honestly a terrible idea. For one, the only people who buy games like Jedi Academy are star wars fans - if they were Deer Hunter fans, they'd have bought deer hunter. My oppinion doesn't matter half as much as your drive to do it, so:

d) If you can't see yourself doing it all, then don't do it at all. The life -> death cycle of a 'TC' is only slightly shorter than that of a dodo bird.

i thot that be the case :(

ah well :( thx anyways

Thing was, I really wanted to make something of a game, more than a TC. I had decided JA was the best engine to use for this. Unfortunately, and I thought this might happen, it didn't even make a slightly good impression. Ah well, can't blame a guy for tryin :\

Archived