Home

bots: jedi knight, master etc settings

Remirol Nacnud

It appears that something is amiss with the bots for MP.

I've only just started playing MP(solo, preparing for going into the big bad world of the internet) and I've noticed that the 'skill' settings for the bots aren't quite right.

Take the game I just played. I set the 'jedi trainer' to the 'jedi knight' setting, kyle katarn to the 'jedi master' setting and a few others to the lower settings.

The trainer got to the kill limit of 20 whilst kyle was still on 8 points.

Either the trainer was better skilled, or he ran around more and encountered more jedi than kyle.

Do these settings change things like 'how much they run around'?

The bots have different skill levels: some are quicker, more accurate, can turn faster or through more degrees of rotation, etc. than others. The "stars" such as Luke Skywalker are more capable than the generic aliens, Ugnaught being the weakest. Changing the bot skill level just multiplies those differences. But it doesn't always guarantee the stronger bots will score higher, although they will most of the time.

I'm not so concerned about that as the fact that on Vjun I was playing in my last game and I had three bots. One was stuck on the elevator, another stuck waiting for the elevator, and another stuck by the foggy pit by the health running in place against the big obstacle.

I wondered through the level and witnessed this. I knew they could see me because if I switched to a gun they switched to a gun, if I drew my saber they drew there's, but they didn't budge from their spots, even when attacked.

Archived