Home

Help me: On dismemberment, confusing me

Hedat_Casus

I am stuck with dismeberment in full retail jedi academy, i have tried the g_sabermorerealistic stuff and they dont seem to work i even downloaded a dismberment mod (starfires) that seems not to work 100% because it will like cut a leg off once then never again,i started trying to dismember mid-game so has this prevented dismemberment and im not sure wheter in the starfire dismemberment mod you only dismember when you hit it exactly so could someone try the dismember mod it is on lucasfiles.com and see if it must be direct contact because i have hit heads in jedi academy dead on (no pun intended) and they aint cut off. I also have activated a think were the dead models of the npc dont disappear,so could this make a difference like prevent dismemberment from working.

I will be trying to get to work but could anyone please reply please please thx if you do:)

A gentleman over on the Raven bbs posted this information that seems to work for many...

Make a shortcut to jasp.exe, then go to Properties (right-click)... put the following command in the target line (after the quotes): +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

ps. this is for single player only, and you might want to read this thread too since it appears to only work with Quik Save games...

Quik load dismemberment

Hi, Hedat_Casus. Thanks for using my mod. Yes, dismemberments seem to happen with far less regularity in JA, compared to JO. I'm still not quite sure why. In my mod, dismemberment for NPCs are all set to 100%, but you only get to cut one pieve of each guy, at half the time, nothing gets dismembered.

Using katas, force-speed, or saberthrows increases the chance of a dismemberment. It seems to be something to do with how "powerful" the hit is, so a glancing blow will almost never result in a dismemberment.

Hope that helps!

I really don't see why people love to see dismemberment on every single hit, after 5000 dismemberments in a row, doesn't it get a little boring? The patch works great, the only thing that could be added is if you get two very good hits you can get two dismemberments. If you really time your hits correctly, you will get dismemberment and if you use force speed it helps tremendously. If you use the force choke and saber throw you get dismemberment about 75% of the time. Well I guess the best option is to have both options in which we do have. If you want constant dismemberment use the shortcut, if you want skilled dismemberment use the starfire patch. Hey Starfire, maybe you should change the name to skilled dismemberment starefire patch.;) Thanks again for the patch, I think it's great!!!!

P.S. Any luck on getting to dismember boba_fett. I have tried adding the dismemberment properties to his file, but the problem is you can't kill him.

really don't see why people love to see dismemberment on every single hit, after 5000 dismemberments in a row, doesn't it get a little boring?

No more boring than having the guy simply fall over after you slice through him a dozen times as if he were hit with any other weapon. ; )

Seriously, I get dismemberment with every saber kill, and for me that's just fine.

I don't know about Fett in SP since I haven't gotten to that part yet, but I know in MP I've cut players using his model into three pieces (head, torso, legs) on several occasions.

Dunno if it's just that model or what, but it looks cool!

K thanks everyone who replied to my thread especially to starfire cause i really wanted to know if it had to be fairly exact and your reply help clear this up (cause you actually created the mod) cheers and the reason why i want dismeberment is because it makes the game feel more realistic because lightsabers are meant to get threw anything so really a unarmoured imperial officer isn't just going to get a slash on his torso if you smacked his torso with a lightsaber plus i have slowmotion death for enemys when using lightsaber pretty much all the time it would look really cool to cut a imperial officer in half in slowmotion :D

ow do you get dismberment in multiplayer?

Originally posted by Kurgan

Seriously, I get dismemberment with every saber kill, and for me that's just fine.

I don't know about Fett in SP since I haven't gotten to that part yet, but I know in MP I've cut players using his model into three pieces (head, torso, legs) on several occasions.

Dunno if it's just that model or what, but it looks cool!

your the only one ive read about that can do that

how did you pull that off?

I've used the following to get dismember to work for me in SP, doesn't happen all the time due to hit areas and strenght of hit but it is greatly improved i have noticed that with duelsabers i can lop heads off with ease on a regualr basis.

the following may not all work in JKA as some i remember from JKO but these work for me in SP with Starfires mod (some may be MP only commands)

seta g_sabermorerealistic 2

seta g_dismembermentprobabilities 100

seta g_dismemberment 3

seta g_saberrealisticcombat 3

seta g_sabercombat 3

these options have been saved to my JKAconfig.cfg file and the console doesn't reject the commands so give it a try it shouldn't screw anything up if it doesn't work.

I also use dismemberment in duel servers and no kidding i was practicing against the skywalker bot one afternoon and lopped off his hand from the wrist. He was also holding his lightsaber with the same hand. Started to get flash backs from the empire strikes back after that hehehe :)

Archived