Home

Some Multiplayer Questions

K'laamas

I've got a few multiplayer questions:

1. How do you get a double-bladed lightsaber? I found the cheat code on the Net, but the instructions were really awkward. I've used a few cheat codes in single player (saber color, drive an AT-AT, etc.) But how do you get a double-bladed saber in multiplayer?

2. I've randomly joined a couple multiplayer games where if you click the button to activate your saber, and then click it again, it turns into a double-bladed one. But that's only been on a couple of games, so I dunno how to do it. How do you set the server or whatever to do that?

3. Is there a way to set the server or something so that you can only use certain weapons in a multiplayer game? You either have all weapons or just lightsaber, but in single player, you only have access to certain weapons on certain levels.

4. In single player, you can use all Force powers, but multiplayer, certain ones are classified as "Light" (ex: Heal) and "Dark" (ex: Lightning), and you have to choose which side of the Force you're on. Is there a way to get past this?

5. On the Create Server menu, one of the options (I forget for which type(s) of game(s)) is something like "Light/Dark Teams". No matter what I set it to, it doesn't seem to do anything. What is it?

Thanx in advance :)

You should realize that the single-player game and the multiplayer game are actually two completely different programs that share the same resources.

1-2. If cheats are enabled on a server, you can type /thedestroyer to get the saberstaff. Some servers run mods such as Jedi Academy Mod that give the server operator the option of enabling double-bladed lightsabers. My server, Chop Shop INCREASED SABER DAMAGE FFA-CTF 64.246.58.228 has double-bladed sabers enabled. Press 1 to get single saber, press 1 again for double-bladed, press 1 again for saber off.

3. Server operators can configure their servers to have all of the weapons that the map designer put on the map, some of the weapons, or none of the weapons.

4. Not during FFA, Team FFA, CTF, CTY, or Dueling game types. Jedimaster and Holocron FFA allow players to have both Light and Dark Forces.

5. There is an option that lets Blue Team use only Light Side forces and Red Team use only Dark Side forces. It is rarely used.

1. How do you get a double-bladed lightsaber? I found the cheat code on the Net, but the instructions were really awkward. I've used a few cheat codes in single player (saber color, drive an AT-AT, etc.) But how do you get a double-bladed saber in multiplayer?

On a server loaded with cheats (devmap <mapname>) type /THEDESTROYER (all caps) in the console, while your saber is out and turned off.

If it worked correctly you'll see text saying "the Destroyer cometh!"! It isn't a real saberstaff, just a second blade coming out the bottom of your saber handle (that works). The animations are identical to the regular saber, except for the standing still animation.

To drive an AT-ST in SP, turn on cheats (devmapall or helpusobi 1) and type drive_atst.

Type it again to return to normal. If your walker is destroyed you die as well.

Note that neither of these codes work in Jedi Academy (for obvious reasons).

Originally posted by K'laamas

I've got a few multiplayer questions:

2. I've randomly joined a couple multiplayer games where if you click the button to activate your saber, and then click it again, it turns into a double-bladed one. But that's only been on a couple of games, so I dunno how to do it. How do you set the server or whatever to do that?

3. Is there a way to set the server or something so that you can only use certain weapons in a multiplayer game? You either have all weapons or just lightsaber, but in single player, you only have access to certain weapons on certain levels.

4. In single player, you can use all Force powers, but multiplayer, certain ones are classified as "Light" (ex: Heal) and "Dark" (ex: Lightning), and you have to choose which side of the Force you're on. Is there a way to get past this?

5. On the Create Server menu, one of the options (I forget for which type(s) of game(s)) is something like "Light/Dark Teams". No matter what I set it to, it doesn't seem to do anything. What is it?

Thanx in advance :)

1-2: Go into a mod called Jedi Academy 1.4 and you can do it there (you can't miss them there's like 100 of them)

3. Either you can have saber only, saber and guns, or have the server in melee mod where there is just guns (don't know how to do this), the melee mod you will find on some RPG games.

4. There is a mod called ForceMod 2.0 (very cool mod) where you can decide to have ALL FORCE like on the CT server.

5. The light dark teams are just so that blue (rebels) can only have light powers and red (imperials) have only dark powers.

That's it, any other questions, pm me please, I am also a map maker(pretty basic one that's learning) and sort of a programmer (learning C)

Archived