Home

Use All The Jedi Outcast Maps!

Johner

There were a ton of good maps for Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast. Isn't this game the same engine? Why not allow the old maps to be used? Perphaps slightly modify them to accomodate anything new (not that there is much hehe) EMAIL RAVEN WITH YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS IDEA AND GIVE IT HERE!

That's up to the authors of those maps, not Raven.

Sure it would be nice, but don't you think they have better things to do than convert the thousands of user-made maps to JA?

Secondly, somebody has already converted the base JK2 maps to JA format and they're working pretty well (and that was before the mapping tools were released, so now they can be tweaked to perfection).

In fact I run them on my server quite often. Check the Dedicated Servers forum for details on my server...

Many authors ARE converting their stuff and adding new content, you just have to give them time.

Some of the maps can be used in JA. The great 'Duel of the fates' MP map works well, and has recently been patched for JA anyway...

In fact if you import your assets.pk3 from JO into your JA folder your JA SP maps can be loaded off the console. They work mainly OK, a bit glitchy at certain points but you get the general idea.....

Like the boys said, give it time....

MTFBWYA

1 person missed out on my point then others replied not even reading my original post.

I am talking about OFFICIALLY implementing all the JK2 maps for this game because many of them were awesome. I was under the impression that LucasArts/Raven etc could handle that.

Also I was never talking about 3rd party maps.

Fair enough, and it wouldn't be that hard to do, however I doubt they will, considering they still want to sell Jedi Outcast... and it's simple enough for fans to do it.

What's the difference between downloading a huge official mappack vs. downloading a huge unofficial one if they are the same quality?

Archived