Home

Fresh Out Tha Box

StillPlayN

I don't know how long J.A. has been out so I'm sure these ques. have been answered before. I just played J.A. for the first time and I must say, I'm impressed. My only problem is... my game keeps freezing up. I'm running win. me pen.4. Can anyone tell me if there is something I need to do or download to correct this problem? Also the in game server feature, I can't seem to pull up any games. Other than that the game is great. If anyone knows where I can get this and much more newbie info. to get my game running smoothly would be nice. I've been away for a while so I'm kinda out of touch on the basics. StillPlayN

not to be an punk, but i think your problem is running win me. That's got to be the worst win os in history. Devolve to 98SE. Do you have the latest drivers for your video card? Do you have any other stuff running in the background?

Oh, and the in game server list sux. Try allseeingeye or gamespy or something really cool that I don't know about.

Yea, ME is definitely A problem, but not the only problem.. Try these things

A) Update your video drivers

B) Turn off Force Feedback under the Mouse/Other Control Options

C) Turn down the anistropic Filter

D) Turn off the dynamic glow (for now)

Try those and see if they help with your crashing issues

Definately get All Seeing Eye to see more servers (500+ instead of 20-30).

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114871

I don't know if M$ still supports Win ME with updates, but you might try updating any windows fixes you may have missed.

Also run the System Analyzer program that came with JA, and be sure to run the advanced tests and run all of them, to see if there are any errors.

I usually run on xp on my laptop, but my older desktop (which is used by my brother)runs it fine with ME. Though, there seem to be alot of ppl here that run off older OS fine. Try running your 'windows update', it will get you all the newest drivers and other fixes for the older systems.....

Plus, implement what Andy suggested, those things can dumb down performance whatever you are running !! Especially dynamic glow !

Hope it gets sorted !

MTFBWYA

I've got ME, and now the game seems to run 100% fine.(although I seem to have trouble now and then, connecting online, but I need to try out GS etc before blaming that on the game or ME)

Although the game DID slow down to a very low FPS sometimes. Hasn't done it for a while though. The same thing happened with JO.

Funny, I can turn on the comp, give it a fresh start, run the game, and it goes perfectly. Do the exact same thing and it slows down like off line lag. Well, that's comps for you....

And don't insult ME too much. It was the only OS(possibly 95 as well?) from MS that wasn't vunerable to the wormblast.

Archived