Home

converting jk2 radiant to JA

lukeskywalker1

Hey, i heard there was a way i could set up jk2 radiant to work with JA (or course, it probably wont have all the new features) but at least the new textures and .md3s and possibly the NPCs will be in the editor... how would i do this? Thanks.

If it helps, i have JA installed to the default place (program files\lucasarts\star wars jedi knight jedi academy\....)

Thanks...

Well... i got GTK working, but the textures (in the 3d area) look corrupted... im not sure why. Plus, when the map gets large enough, it starts to get really... really slow. So heres my plan, make the map in jk2 radiant, texture it and whatever. Then load up GTK make the textures into a wireframe, and add in all the seige stuff ill need. Then compile with the Q3map compiler thingy i downloaded. Sound like an "ok" plan? I mean, as long as it works. I doubt ill be making FFA maps, seige is so much more better...

Ok, i turned cubic clipping off, uninstalled the other GTK versions, the textures look a whole lot better... but they still look messed up... im not sure why. Im thinking it might just be too graphical for my pc. When i turn and stuff, they change... its just weird. plus, if i get too close ill see a square and a line going through it. It seems like the square is split into two parts. The texture i put on the brush get messed up along the line that splits the brush in half. Does the size of the 3D view affect this? When i first loaded it up it looked really small, now ive enlarged it, that might be why... ill try that out...

nope....

ok, i click that ATI bug thingy, and that seemed to help with the closness and far away problem. But the textures are messed up still...

oh well. ill just wait for editing tools to come out, then put jk2 radiant in for ja. Thanks!

Archived