Home

Brief Personal Thoughts (on JA)

BJP3E

Well I have played for a one full day and I have enjoyed the game. I love the greater variety of enimies though I would have loved to have seen my second most favored imp the biker scout in the game :(. I like that they worked on the bodies not sinking through walls and such though the bodies do contort rather odd at times still cool.

But really I wish the saber code for dismemberment was there :(

Originally posted by BJP3E

Well I have played for a one full day and I have enjoyed the game. I love the greater variety of enimies though I would have loved to have seen my second most favored imp the biker scout in the game :(. I like that they worked on the bodies not sinking through walls and such though the bodies do contort rather odd at times still cool.

But really I wish the saber code for dismemberment was there :(

In the SP game you can turn on dismemberment quite easily...

Bring down the console (hit SHIFT and ~ [` on UK keyboards]), then type the following...

Devmapall

g_saberrealisticcombat 2

And that will greatly increase the chance of lopping off body parts. ;) Have fun. :D

From pages 1 & 2 of the "Not Enough Customization..." stickied thread here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111511

Originally posted by Kurgan

Here's the Dismemberment thing (reposted from the other thread):

(it'll be different, but you see that it points to the directory where your game is installed)

Now edit the line and make it look like this:

Then hit apply/okay and you're set.

Now here is what it does:

The "devmapall" part turns on cheats (and clears the cache to save memory).

g_sabermorerealistic is write protected, but if you run it from the command line the game will just set it to that value at the beginning.

The "load quick" part will load whatever game you have saved in your QuickSave slot. In fact, it will launch the game directly from the shortcut (you won't have to watch the intro screens or wait for the menu to pop up). So just use your QuickSave (mine is F7, but whatever your's is) and take a spot where you want to begin with dismemberment on.

Now as to the value you put for sabermorerealistic:

For MP, just put these lines into your mp cfg file:

seta g_dismember "100"

seta cg_dismember "3"

Thus every every saber kill will result in some form of dismemberment (heads, torsos, legs, etc). I was just playing with some bots and saberdamagescale 3, needless to say it was quite sadistic! [/b]

Another note on dismemberment:

Originally posted by Ostra

hey Kurgan, thanks but i had to change it for me.

In target (on win XP at least) you need quotes in the actual location to load the jasp.exe

so for me it needed to look like.

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

otherwise without the quotes it wouldnt even let me save it again.

Now EVERY saber kill should grant you at least one dismemberment, including heads and torsos. Note that once in a great while an enemy will die with no dismemberment, but in those cases you can still slash their body and cut it up usually.

PS: I have noticed in multiplayer using the settings above that I can do multiple dismemberments on the Boba Fett model (haven't gotten it with the other models), ie: he can get cut into three parts (head, toros, legs).

Archived