Home

How to Compile a map?

Willow

Guys i finally learn to fixed the bug in getting the editor fired up..for JA..

but i'm abit lost in how to save the map in the way which i can test it out in JA..

this should be a rather easy question to answer..so i hope u guys can fill me in on this..thxs a bunch :p

Well I can help get you started. To compile a map, you need to bsp it. From GTK menu choose BSP. Unfortuantely after that, I am not much use for I am used to JK2Radiant.

I know if you choose the first one (single) BSP -meta. It will compile the map with out the lights be calculated. I would suggest to use this while you build your map. This way your compile times will be much shorter.

Suggestion in building your map:

1. Build your major structures first, (rooms, hallways, etc)

2. Add smaller details next (models, weapons, items)

3. Light your map last.

Lighting a map well is the hardest thing to do, so save it for last. In addition, to compile the map with lights being calculated takes longer. Hopes this helps, let me know if you have more questions.....

if u simply want to test it just open up JA then when its open push shift and ~ this is usaully next to 1 and under escape this will bring down a console in the console type devmap <mapname> dont include arrow as will say couldnt find <mapname>.bsp ok your right i just remembered u do have to at least a test.bsp

Originally posted by cwv_odedge

Suggestion in building your map:

1. Build your major structures first, (rooms, hallways, etc)

2. Add smaller details next (models, weapons, items)

3. Light your map last.

Lighting a map well is the hardest thing to do, so save it for last. In addition, to compile the map with lights being calculated takes longer.

I disagree. Better to get it all going right away. that's why there are test compiles.

Archived