Home

What I see on my screen may not be what you see on yours (Player Skins)

BloodRiot

This is actually no biggy but I just thougt i'd share. If this has been mentioned before, then i'm sorry but i've failed to see it.

I have 2 PC's connected at home. My brother and myself usually play online together. We just happen to notice that when using the custom skins (may happen with others but i've only seen it with the custom ones), sometimes the skins appear wrong on other pc's. For instance... I was playing a male human jaden, but my brother was seeing a female twilek jaden. As I looked at my brother's screen... yup..it's true... my character was a twilek.

Well that's it.

Cheers.

No reason to close it - it raises another pertinent issue.

This may actually be related to a bug I experienced online playing Siege. When the teams spawned into the next map...some of us still had the skins for the previous map. I spawned into Korriban as a Dark Side Cultist...wearing the skin of a Rebel trooper, and one side of the saberstaff was unlit.

This sounds like the server assigning the wrong skins somewhere along the line.

Whenever I 'wear' the female Twilek skin (which I use most of the time), people see me for what I am. I often get mistaken as a 'female' player as a result. :rolleyes:

Maybe the female twilek model is a 'default' setting or something.

Hopefully this issue can be addressed in a patch. I raised the 'Siege skin' issue with one of the devs in #jediknight, so someone is aware of it at least.

Originally posted by StormHammer

I often get mistaken as a 'female' player as a result. :rolleyes:

you're not female?

hmmm..how come all this time i kept thinking you were........

and to bloodriot, have you tried pressing tab when this happens? sometimes it could be a bug but pressing tab shows the proper skin, just like in jo.

Stormhammer said -

Whenever I 'wear' the female Twilek skin (which I use most of the time), people see me for what I am. I often get mistaken as a 'female' player as a result.

We know you're a bloke Stormie !

I have NEVER used anything OTHER THAN a grey twilek female. Twileks are unique to SW, and the brain tails you see look great from behind, which admittedly is the main view you have of your player most of the time ! I cant stand the other skins, and Rodians can never make jedi ! Luke's academy (in EU) definitely hasn't produced a Rodian jedi yet......... damn Rodians !

MTFBWYA

*sorry, off topic*

I've never had that problem myself, but sometimes all of the skins in the game I'm in will be Chiss (that skin I normally use), as IF I had set "defer player models" or "force player models" because when I die they all go back to normal.

I've asked people to describe my skin and they always get it right.

The default Skin is Kyle Katarn, so if they're using a skin you don't have (or vice versa) that's what the other person sees.

Is there a "default" for the custom Jedi? Dunno...

Archived