Home

Replace kyle in SP searched for help already :)

yurimaru

I found some posts that tell how to do it but they don't make sense to me... I downloaded the bushido mod, and it's really good I like the katana but I wanted to change kyle and I don't know how... could someone explain in painful detail how to? lol Thanks :)

First of all, you need Pakscape to do this. Just run a Google search and you should be able to find it.

1.When you have the skin/model, extract it.

2. Open the extracted file using Pakscape.

3. Open the models and players folder.

4. Create a folder under players and name it "kyle." (no quotation marks and don't capitalize the name or it won't work.)

5. Open the other folder under the players folder and copy its model.glm and model_default.skin

6. Paste the files under your kyle folder.

7. If you want the character to have their sounds (if they have any) instead of Kyle's sounds, go to the chars folder under sound. If not, skip steps 8-11.

8. Create a new folder, again call it "kyle." (no quotes or caps)

9. Open kyle and create a new folder called "misc." (no quotes or caps)

10. Go to the model's misc sound folder (if it has one) and copy all of the sound files.

11. Paste those sounds under the kyle misc sound folder.

12. Save file.

13. Place the pk3 in Jedi Outcast's Gamedata/base directory.

14. Fire up JO SP.

15. Start a new game. Kyle should be replaced.

*WARNING* do NOT open a saved level! The game will recieve conflicting model information (it thinks the character model is still Kyle) and your model will hold the lightsaber in wierd ways. To play a desired level, open it from the console menu.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or problems, let me know.

Glad to hear it worked. Yeah, it's a pretty good group here by and large at LucasForums. Though I've only been on this forum for a few months, I can say that many people are understanding, patient and friendly on this forum. Of course you have your few troublemakers (what forum doesn't?), but the admins usually keep things civil.

Welcome to LucasForums! Hope you like it here!

Archived