Home

Saber Realistic Combat

Toxie

What do you guys think about this cheat? I remember when I used it in JO I wasn't all that impressed with it and it got boring to play with after a while, but now that I enabled it in JA it seems like Raven tweaked it a little even though it's only a cheat most of the players would never even activate. After playing around with this through an entire level and then it deactivating when I changed levels, the game feels pretty unrealistic without this code on. Now I enable this whenever I start playing, it's amazing when you yourself get decapitated and see your head fly like 6 feet and see the game over screen.

What do you guys think about this though? Do you like it or hate it? If you like it, do you think it would be cool for Raven to integrate it a little more into the gameplay? Like maybe an option you can enable or disable in the menu in future JK games?

*Sidebar Question*

*How can I get this cheat to load up automatically from the start?*

Depending on whether it's SP or MP, you need to add (or modify) the cvar in either the jaconfig.cfg or jampconfig.cfg, respectively, which are in your Gamedata/base folder. Use Wordpad instead of Notepad if you want it to list the cvars in a vertical order. Anything in these files will be loaded automatically at startup... however, any custom code added to these files will be written over by JA if you ever select Default in the main startup screen, or start in safemode.

Tip: a lot of really cool stuff can be set in these files to improve your game experience. Search the forums for popular cvar edits.

Read pages 1 and 2 and you're set.

It has three settings... one is dismemberment that is very rare and limited mostly to hands, arms and legs. Two that has full dismemberment almost 100% of the time with saber kills and sometimes multiple dismemberments on the same model. And three which is more like saberrealisticcombat in JK2.. ie: idle saber dismembers as well!

They all use increased damage so some people think it makes the game too easy, but on the other hand when used the enemies ALSO have increased saber damage, so they can slice off your head in one hit!

Archived