Home

load times (AGAIN by the looks of it)

t H e D u D e

ok, I have searched these forums for an answer to the 10min load times, but have yet to find an answer that works. Now I could rant on about bout my ****e pc (Old to say it quickly), but the game plays fine with and acceptable frame rate. SO why the bloody hell does it take 10 min to load a game when I can start a new game and the level will load in under a minute (single player.... multi loads fine every map) ? I have all my detail settings on the minimium and have changed the hunk size and have updated to 1.4. I have tried everything ( i think ) that is to be found here reguarding long load times but nothing works. Has this issue got a fix?

Defragged yesterday and all tests pass with the system test under the help menu in the startup splash screen. It would seem that level does load, as it should.... the hard drive works hard for a bit, then when it stops, I hear a split second of sound (as thou the level has finished) and then the load bar appears at the bottom of screen...but hard drive does nothing for about 10min...then the level loads.

Archived