Home

video card

kingdomwinds

Hey KingdomWinds

My Toshiba Satellite 5200 sports an Nvidia GeForce FX Go5600, 64 mb. While it cranks out JA fine(60+ fps at 1600x1200/32 bit/trilinear settings - dynamic glow off), i'd recommend you go for the 128mb if you can, so you will cover yourself for the next generation of games that'll be coming out... As for sites, its probably best if you try find a local retailer, unless you are clever enough, or know someone who can install it for a laptop(much trickier than doing a desktop...) Check out the nvidia site too I guess.....even ebay....

MTFBWYA

yeah, i am hire-purchasing my laptop, so I will ditch it in a cpl of years for a newer one. Also, unless youre going to be taking it to school/work or to friends places often(I actually do need to cart mine around a bit) your probably better off to fo with the desktop, much cheaper !!

laptops arent as readily upgradable either, and upgrading is usually expensive and painful !! As I mentioned, best to go to a local retailer(if you were in Australia/Melbourne I could tell you the best places, but Im assuming your not from Oz !)....

The other thing with laptops, if your cranking out a game like JA, its usually pretty draining on the battery, so you need to be stationary anyway(best near a power outlet!!), with the mouse plugged in etc to play.....

MTFBWYA

Archived