Home

Need help, hackers keep crashing my server.

Cometchaser

I have been running my own server for a few weeks now, and the problem with dirt-bag hackers crashing my server has been minimal. There has now been an increase in hackers now, and I was wondering how I might be able to stop them. I have patch 1.02a, and if I upgrade to the latest patch, will it fix my problem?

I was unwilling to patch my game before, but if it will stop these damn hackers, then I will.

**EDIT**: I just downloaded patch 1.04, and I read the patch details, and everything seemed to be ok, but things seem different anyway. I have some questions...

1. How do you color your name? In 1.02a, you made a carot ^ and another number which made it colored. It is different in 1.04, so how do I do it?

2. What is different with the saber moves? I have noticed that the character moves more realistically, and that you cannot blue lunge in the air anymore.

3. How do you do the red style jumping slash (DFA)? It seems to be different than in 1.02a, and I want to know how.

4. Has the sizing of the characters gone up? It seems as though it has.

5. What are some other things you could tell me? It feels so odd with this patch, seeing as how ive been playing 1.02a for more than a year.

Thank you for any help.

Originally posted by Cometchaser

1. How do you color your name? In 1.02a, you made a carot ^ and another number which made it colored. It is different in 1.04, so how do I do it?

It's the same as in 1.02.

2. What is different with the saber moves? I have noticed that the character moves more realistically, and that you cannot blue lunge in the air anymore.

It takes more skill to use them, sabers doesn't hurt as much as they did in 1.02

3. How do you do the red style jumping slash (DFA)? It seems to be different than in 1.02a, and I want to know how.

Hold down the attack button. It's a bit tricky, but it's easy when you know it.

4. Has the sizing of the characters gone up? It seems as though it has.

I don't think so. Not 100% sure.

5. What are some other things you could tell me? It feels so odd with this patch, seeing as how ive been playing 1.02a for more than a year.

Well, "surf-files" works in 1.04, and that's a pretty good improvement.(a surf file is a thing that tells the game to make some things visible/invisible. However, it makes downloaded skins and models work better)

when these 'hackers' join your server use

/rcon status

this will give you a list of all players on the server, and to the left of their names is a number

find the one for the 'hacker' then use

/rcon clientkick **

replace ** with the number of the offending player.

also in the status is their IP

so use

/rcon addip ***

replace *** with their IP and they will be banned from joining.

Use forward and attack. When you see your player's left hand come up and grab the hilt, tap jump.

If you think the 1.04 lightsabers are too weak (many do, except people who like 20 minute duels), set g_saberdamagescale 2 or higher to increase lightsaber power.

Archived