Home

To copy-protection paperwork searchers

Udvarnoky

I wanted to post this in another thread but it was closed. I'm not sure how many of you guys have actually gone through the LucasArts support website labyrinth but you CAN indeed replace your copy-protection wheel (which they've been offering forever, but I don't think many know because of the poor way the site is set up), though contact LucasArts before doing it, because the price may be cheaper than originally stated.

For example, I decided to contact LucasArts one day about the Maniac Mansion Nuke'M Alarms code book. They replied, and informed me that I only needed to send $2.50 along with a short letter of explanation to the San Rafael address and I could receive a replacement. (the actual website claims you need $7.50 and a proof of purchase). Just to test this, since I was curious, I sent in for the book. Sure enough, one week later, I recieved an authentic, original copy of the code book..complete with red decoder strip! I was half-expecting a plain printout.

I'm really not sure how many times this has been brought up before, and, if it has, forgive me. But for those of you who claim to own the game and lost your wheel, (and for some odd reason don't use SCUMMVM) LucasArts can send you an authentic backup for very little hassle.

I dunno. I just thought this was cool. Maybe LucasArts has a whole warehouse full of floppy disk game copy-protections just waiting for collectors to send in for.

Archived