Home

Everything you wish you would have known before buying the game.

Cylink

Well, usually when Im interested in a game I'll ask friends or check the forums. If a game seems to be really buggy or not what I expect then I don't play it (unless a friend let's me borrow it)

A friend of mine bought me SWG for my birthday so I had to try it. It wasn't at all what I expected. The thing that blew me away was the freedom to go wherever you want to, completely non-liniar. I enjoyed things such as players depending on each other like crafters needing supplies from scouts, etc...

PROS:

• If it's your first MMORPG (like me) you'll be amazed at the sheer size of the game.
  • Any Star Wars fan should try this game. Working for Jabba the Hutt is fun :)
  • Complex but easy to learn. There is an in game help system and Customer Service section.
  • The game gets a major update a month. Last one included Jedi, creature mounts, and player cities.

CONS:

• The longer you play the less it feels like Star Wars
  • A lot of bug issues. The DEVs seem to be working on this though.
  • $15 a month can be steep.
  • Not enough diversity. Way too many people are Bounty Hunters.

Overall I'd say if you're looking for the best Star Wars experience, this game is close but not the best. This game depends a lot more on real people sculpting the universe...and seeing guys like "-Luke- Skyyyyywalker" or "B'o'b'a' F-e-t-t" kinda kills the mood.

EDIT

My first charector was a Zabrak. It didn't affect me until I started changing professions. The thing I regretted the most was the penalty for joining the Empire. However, I later realized that the Zabrak regenerate their mind pool pretty fast so this helped me with medical use. They also have abilities like Equalize (makes all your stats the same) and vitalize (gives you a temporary power boost).

There are no major drawbacks to one race over another, it's just that some do better in different professions. You might get bored with a profession and try a new one. I'd say you're ok with whatever you choose.

and seeing guys like "-Luke- Skyyyyywalker" or "B'o'b'a' F-e-t-t" kinda kills the mood.

Then you report the guy and, depending on the severity of the name, he/she will be asked to come up with a new name.

If you don't comply, or you can't come up with one, they will assign you a name, I think. :)

Lol, my hands ache from reporting ppl. I'd say 1 of 4 people I see have a non Star Wars-y name. It's a thin line between keeping the RPG element and just letting people have fun. I wish there was a better way to filter names though... names like Hot Babe, Laura Croft, ImaForceGod, *insert sound*-bacca, and such are just lame, lol.

What really cracks me up is hearing people whine about not getting the story badge. I've read threads about people saying how "great" their bio, but when you read it it's just like the other 90% of the biographies out there.

Things that you shouldn't include:

[*]Your parents were killed.

[*]Your avenging the deaths of your parents/loved ones

[*]You are the baddest dude in the galaxy.

[*]You are a Sith apprentice (my favorite)

[*]The Emperor knows you personally

[*]You are related to a famous SW charecter

[*]Imperials did something to you so you joined the Rebellion (vice versa)

[/list=1]

If they actually look at the bios of the people that won, they would see that they are totally unique and don't involve these things. Timothy Zahn eat your heart out :)

Guest DarthMaulUK

Too many bugs

Lack of real CSR support

Lack of any decent content

CSR's excuses for the game not working.

Plus points

Community is great

erm..... cant think of anything else

DMUK

Originally posted by DarthMaulUK

Too many bugs

Lack of real CSR support

Lack of any decent content

CSR's excuses for the game not working.

Plus points

Community is great

erm..... cant think of anything else

DMUK

I doubt the lack of CSR support(if I correctly understand what it is) is as bad as UO.(Don'

t own swg so I can't realy support my statemenat until some one tells me how bad swg's is.)

CSRs have to answer player tickets.

Here's an example of the CSR support:

We placed our city and 2 houses. 5 min later we lost connection and the server was offline. 10 min later we came back and poof, no city hall, no houses, and a minor roll-back. So 5 of us that were there reported bugs and filed CSR tickets.

30 min later our city was back and everything is fine. :)

So all I have to say is that they responded quickly and I am satisfied. The game has bugs, sure, but I haven't had any problem with getting support from the Customer Service Reps.

I don't think CS is an issue, I think the many bugs and minor rollbacks are the big issue.

Archived