Home

Enhanced Ideas: Force Fall

NickR

Ok, I tried out your beta and it's looking pretty good so far. The biggest problem is that you can only start up maps in devmap mode or the game crashes with a "memory can not be 'writen'" error. I hope that's not a feature. :D

I'm also going to suggest that you add float value controls to the RGB menu items. I did it for the player colors and it's very nice for getting the exact color you want. I have the source menu files if you want to see them.

As for getting enough space for the menu items, I think Syrup is correct, you're probably going to have to do a subsection window.

Yeah, I'll add a popup subsection, seems the way to go. Can you tell me exactly how you setup your game so I can try and make the crash happen again because I haven't encountered that. Well I have encountered bugs, but then I fix them and they go away.

Razor: About your float value controls. I have ojp basic v003 and it has no float value controls, just the sliders. Am I missing something?

I've just tried creating a game via the menus and I didn't get any errors.

Does anyone have any idea for how I should layout the rgb color popup menu and where I should put the buttons that open it? I suck at layout design. :(

Originally posted by NickR

Yeah, I'll add a popup subsection, seems the way to go. Can you tell me exactly how you setup your game so I can try and make the crash happen again because I haven't encountered that. Well I have encountered bugs, but then I fix them and they go away.

Razor: About your float value controls. I have ojp basic v003 and it has no float value controls, just the sliders. Am I missing something?

It seems to crash anytime I try to fire up the game without using devmap. Maybe it's something in the older version. Could you get a updated version of the files online? or maybe send me the source files so I can run it in debug mode?

And, yes, you're missing the updated menu files. :D They are on the CVS repository if you want them.

Yeah, it's up and running. I've been using it for some time now.

The reason why I'm not just letting everyone have the password is because the webpage system is buggy and all new users default to read/write.

It's free hostings, so we take what we can get. :)

Archived