Home

JK3-How do i run my own ded server so that it shows on the list and i can play on it

Derelict267

How do i run my own ded server so that it shows on the list and i can play on it too on jedi academy?

because i think i did everything right im not sure and when i start my server and i go to the server list mine isnt on the internet list but its on the LAN list and it say Derelict[uDP] i dont know whats with the [uDP] i didnt put that there..what am i doing wrong?i have a router its a linksys wireless-B 2.4 ghz the model number is BEFW11S4. the target line on the short cut is "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jampDed.exe" +set net_port 29071 +exec server.cfg..im not sure if its right..im pretty sure i dont have a firewall unless its built in the router and i have the latest patch and lastest ded server file and everything and heres my server.cfg

// Server Config

seta sv_hostname "Derelict"

//seta g_motd "woot"

//rconpassword ""

// gametypes

// 0 = FFA

// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament

// 4 = POWER DUEL

// 6 = TEAM DEATHMATCH

// 7 = SIEGE

// 8 = CTF

set g_gametype 3

seta sv_maxclients 12

seta g_inactivity 0

sv_maxRate 10000

set g_allowvote 1

seta g_forcePowerDisable 163837

seta g_weaponDisable 65531

seta g_saberLockFactor 2

seta g_forceRegenTime 250

seta g_fraglimit 1

seta g_locationBasedDamage 1

set g_autoMapCycle 0

map mp/duel9

i dont know if i need to configure my router or not..if i do please tell me how..did i do anything wrong..why is it not showing up on the interent list?please help, thanks

with credit to adminAmidala....

seta sv_master1 "masterjk3.ravensoft.com"

seta sv_master2 "master.qtracker.com"

seta sv_master3 "63.146.124.53"

seta sv_master4 "204.97.248.90"

seta sv_master5 "clanservers.net"

seta sv_master6 "master0.gamespy.com"

adding those lines to your server config should help get it listed.

To play on it... im not too sure really, but ive seen it discussed on these boards, have a good look around the dedicated server forum, the answer is here somewhere. =D

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of router do you have? I was having this problem with my server. If you're running a Linksys router, here's a possible fix. You need to log into your router, and enable the DMZ feature, then plug your server in through which ever port it runs the DMZ on. For me when I enabled it I had to run my server pc through the #4 port on the back of my router. This worked for me, and a few others who have had this problem.

Archived