Home

r_dynamicglow won't stay on 1

WadeV1589

• 2 weeks later...

That means your graphic card doesnt support Dynamic Glow.

You can always try downloading the new 53.03 drivers (For 2000/XP) or the 53.04 (For windows 95/98/Me) Get them at http://www.nvidia.com

Someone told me that changing the settings may help. Right click your desktop, go propoties, settings, advance, go GeForce and there, you will get a crapload of options.

Turn some up.

PS: Try Dueling someone in r_dynamicglow 2 :p

Crow I used the new drivers you told me about, and while they work great (system analyzer passed ALL the tests with flying colors) I can't see any difference with dynamic glow (I looked at the lava like some people suggested).

My video card (geforce2 gts) simply must not support the feature.

Oh well...

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

PS: Try Dueling someone in r_dynamicglow 2 :p

I tried it with Crow, and its cool.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Crow I used the new drivers you told me about, and while they work great (system analyzer passed ALL the tests with flying colors) I can't see any difference with dynamic glow (I looked at the lava like some people suggested).

Oh well...

Bah, too bad. The lava looks dull without dynamic glow. It looks bright and shiny WITH dynamic glow, my idea of nice lava. :p

Originally posted by WadeV1589

I've tried setting it in autoexec.cfg, on the command line, before I load a map, after I load a map....nothing, every time a map loads it resets itself to 0.

I'm using a GFMX420 with the 52.16 drivers.

Hehe. I just type that into the console, and it works all the time. I didn't need to type that again. BTW, do try /r_dynamicglow 2 for duels. :)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Oh well...

I think all the old cards doesnt support DG. Even a Radeon 9200 Pro.

But if you want a good, cheap low-end card. Get a GeForce 4 Ti4200 or FX 5200 ultra.

Should cost a least $100.

Archived