Home

Mission Terminal Bug

Tatoo

Hi!

I have got my very first real BIG bug in this game. And it is this Mission bug. When you go get a misson in the game and let say it is a Destroy mission. You follow the waypoint and when you arrive you can't find the missions target. It is not there.

I have been asking around and ppl are telling me to do different stuff to cancel missions, disconnect and reconnect and so on. Belive me I have tried. I have tried 9 - 10 missions. Not even NPC missions work. The target is always missing. And it have been like this for three days now!

I know the bug can be fixed by doing something in a special way, but I don't know what it is. I have asked around and ppl either don't want to help or they don't know what the answer is.

I have sent a bug repport and I haven't got any answer yet. I sent it to day and see if they have answered me to night or tomorrow.

But pls if anyone know the answer PLS tell me what to do! I can't get my own missions to get some Credits anymore it is very enoying.

I've been playing for nearly a month now, and mission targets not being there when I show up has been the only bug that actually annoys me. It's only happened a few times, though. I always just abandon the mission and get another. I usually take two missions at a time, so the run out and back isn't such a big waste of time anyway.

I've read that some NPC missions are broken, but I've only done a few of them myself. I take missions for credits and faction points, and killing camps of rebel scum is the best way to do it, in my opinion.

Maybe it's the work of inept slicers, damaging the terminals when they're trying to get more credits for their missions, lol.

The only other 'problem' bug I've come across is group members turning invisible, but they usually come back after a while...but it's still inconvenient when you're trying to follow them.

Do the Powers That Be reply to bug reports? It'll probably be a while before anyone does anything about it I imagine, due to the virtual tons of bug reports that have gone before.

I have solved the problem. I got an answer from the admins when I sent them a ticket question. I post what they told me to do (and it worked) to go around the bug.

The problem with this bug is that you can't just abort a mission and get a new one to have the bug go away so you can see your target at the waypoint. When this bug take effect it will stay and not just be a bug for the moment.

To make the bug go away so you can be able to see the targets again, do the following:

Go get the max nr of Terminal missions you can get (that will be 2 I guess) Then run to a NPC that will ask you to abort one of the terminal missions you got. Accept that the NPC removes the terminal mission, but DON'T accept the NPCs mission. Leave the NPC and go back to a Mission Terminal and get a new Terminal Mission. Now your problem should be solved.

(alot of terminal missions talk there wasn't it :D )

This worked for me and I have heard it have worked for others. If it doesn't work you people, you might have done something wrong, so read this text carefully.

This bug is a known issue for the devs and they working on to remove the bug.

Cheers!

Guest DarthMaulUK

This used to happen alot in the first few months. Then it went away to comeback again.

Mission waypoints move around too much even when there is no reason. It really is annoying to run 500m North, to turn South and run another 500m.

Sometimes, the mission would acutally spawn just behind me with nothing there. I used to move forward, away from the area. The wait until you see the yellow/red dots and the nest, then return back - there it was.

Either way, for alot of people, this is a major source of income and needs addressing asap.

DMUK

Here's a new one for me. I had killed the rebels and nearly destroyed the camp, when it suddenly vanished. I ran away until the orange triangle was off my radar then turned around and found them sneaky rebs had rebuilt it and gotten reinforcements, heh.

This brought up a question: would it be a good idea to, say, shoot all the rebels, then run off and back again, shoot the new rebels, rinse, repeat, etc? May not be much in the way of credits that way, but faction points and exp might come faster with less running around...

Originally posted by Trahern Valley

This brought up a question: would it be a good idea to, say, shoot all the rebels, then run off and back again, shoot the new rebels, rinse, repeat, etc? May not be much in the way of credits that way, but faction points and exp might come faster with less running around...

Wouldn't the the waiting for the rebels to respawn be taking your time instead of running to a new mission? I fi remember it right, maybe on some missions it can take real long time before they respawn... but I might got it wrong?

Originally posted by DarthMaulUK

This used to happen alot in the first few months. Then it went away to comeback again.

Mission waypoints move around too much even when there is no reason. It really is annoying to run 500m North, to turn South and run another 500m.

Sometimes, the mission would acutally spawn just behind me with nothing there. I used to move forward, away from the area. The wait until you see the yellow/red dots and the nest, then return back - there it was.

Either way, for alot of people, this is a major source of income and needs addressing asap.

DMUK

nah the problem i had wasn't the same thing. even back then you'd have a few missions not show up or a couple in a row, but you could get missions.

the problem i was having was EVERY mission wasn't there.

but i did try the suggested fix above and it worked! thanks tatoo!

Archived