Home

Cannot install!

Samus

A friend of mine bought the game today, but his computer crashed during install. We think this might have been a one time incident, but there is another problem. He can't start the install again. When he starts the setup program, he gets: "Do you want to uninstall KOTOR?" Press no -> setup quits. Press yes -> the game "uninstalls", and he gets the message that KOTOR has been uninstalled. Though when he tries to start the install again, the same thing happens: "Do you want to uninstall KOTOR". We have of course deleted the partly installed game folder. We've serched through the registry (in regedit) using the strings "kotor", "star wars" and "bioware", and deleted all of it. (There are no other Star Wars games on his computer.) We even tried to use a registry cleaner program that we found at http://www.glocksoft.com/aatools_registry_cleaner.htm

Still no difference. What do we do about this?

cool avatar BTW, I love FinalFantasy, IX is my fave of course(see my avatar!!), until XII comes out ;)

What a bugger of a problem...... I had a bit of a hiccup with my install, my disc 3 just didnt seem to be spinning right in my laptop, but I got there in the end......

to have a better chance at answering your question, what are your specs, what OS platform are you running ! what programs do you have running in the background ?? Also, do the discs work on another PC(at least you can test if it is the discs as opposed to your system that is the problem.....)

MTFBWYA

We have tried his discs and my discs with the same result. His system is something like this: AMD Thunderbird 1,8Ghz, 512MB RAM, 64MB GeForce 3 Ti500 (might be Ti200, but I think it's Ti500), Windows XP.

I had the same problem with another game on my last computer, but then I managed to resolve it by deleting some registry entries using regedit. As I said, we've deleted all we could find related to KOTOR in the registry, but that didn't help.

Archived