Home

Problem: Dismemberment NEVER WORKS except ON ME

Kurgan

Anybody else have this problem?

Ever since I installed the 1.01 patch, I cannot get dismemberment in SP to work, EVER, except on my player (when enemies hit me with sabers they cut off my head or torso).

I can't cut up enemies no matter what settings I use.

With or without OJP 4.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

g_dismemberment "3"

g_dismember "3"

g_dismemberprobabilities "100"

g_saberMoreRealistic "2"

Model Dismemberment ON

saberrealism (OJP 4 basic): Realistic Dismemberment

Yet I can spawn stormtroopers all day, they die with one hit, but they just fall over.. no body parts cut off. I get hit once by the enemy, I get a body part cut off every time.

The thing is, dismemberment works fine in MP, and in 1.0 I had no problems using full dismemberment in SP. But ever since the patch, nothing....

Very frustrating...

I checked Melee Mod 1.0 (with Meleemod fix) and it definately allows dismemberment (including torso cuts, so I assume it's everything).

I run Melee Mod from a batch file in my Gamedata directory, so I'm going to use the same method for trying to get regular SP dismemberment to work. Perhaps the fact that it's a batch file and not a program shortcut makes a difference?

Anyway, wish me luck...

Okay, well I tried using a batch file, and no dice, dismemberment still doesn't work consistently in SP.

Sigh...

I guess my only other thing to try is to remove ALL MODS completely and try it just using the normal game with the shortcut method.

Or, last of all, uninstall and reinstall everything, reapply the patch and try that. ; p

Yeah, I've tried the starfiredismemberment, mutilate, and now OJP 4 basic.

Just last night I uninstalled JA and then reinstalled and reapplied the patch (kept my old saves and cfg's).

This time I'm going to delete my old cfg's and start from scratch to see if that makes any difference ; p

Well, I tried not loading any autoexec.cfg's or jaconfig.cfg and it's still (assuming I'm not missing something here) not showing the dismemberment (except on me, not enemies, except very very rarely after a long long battle with tons of npc's I've spawned).

I also checked the jamp config and jampserver configs and made sure there were no references to the SP dismemberment commands just in case, but they're clean.

Stumped... (no pun intended, sorry) ; p

• 2 months later...

I think I may have come across the latest wrinkle in this thing.

To all you people who claim that SP dismemberment works perfectly for you, please try the following and tell me if it still does.

1) Get to the part in SP where you go to the "Dark Side" and start fighting Jedi & Cultists on Korriban.

2) Quicksave your game.

3) Exit JA then quickload.

PS: Make sure you have the 1.01 patch installed for all of this.

For me, this is the part where Dismemberment utterly fails for me and only works on the player (except once in a rare blue moon when it suddenly starts working again for a few enemies then stops).

PPS: The Scripts I'm running are using the shortcut method in Win2kpro (was using Win98SE before):

(in the shortcut):

C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jasp.exe +seta g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 sets g_sabermorerealistic 10

Archived