Home

problems (Melee Mod)

V4nd4L

the melee mod looks CRAZY!

but I can't get it to work GDAMIT

I updated my JA to 1.01 but it still doesnt work.

no maps load properly, the ladder_melee level doesn't work either and I get this message in the console:

MAX_PACKET_USER_CMDS

I already changed the npc files so that they would work; previously the game told me that it ran out of room once it got to shield1.sab; then it said to make the npc files shorter, so that's what I did, but it still won't work.

if anyone has it working or has any ideas plz help,

thanks,

Mike

I know I have the right file system.

jediknight - jedi academy > gamedata

in this folder is my base folder and the folders for the mods tha I load through the setup>mod screen.

gamedata > melee_all

in this folder is a save folder, a bunch of screenshots, melee.pk3 and readme.txt

I already changed melee.pk3 to a zip, opened it up and cut up the npc files, which were the first reason it didn't work, into different ones.

ex: cultist_sword1.npc including all variants: cultist_blade1, cultist_blade2, cultist_sai, etc for the 20 or so weapons there are in the game. Anyway the first time I tried to load it I got an error message basically saying "shorten the npc files, they are too long", so I did that, and now it just doesn't work. I realized I had to update my JA, so I did, but now it doesn't work so I updated for no reason, which was something I didn't want to do!

Argh... I wanna play it so badly! It looks NUTZ!

Thanks though

uhm ok.... it worked. i apologize for my n00bness or lameness or whatever.

now... there must be a way to combine it with the cultist_race mod, so that I can pick my char from the 'new game' menu... and probably a way so I can pick the melee weapons from the new game menu as well (at the screen where you pick your saber hilt & color?)

and is there any way to have separate installations of jka, so that one can be updated and the other not? although i'm not sure that's the best idea, space-wise for my comp...

and I didn't really want to update but i'm starting to wonder if its such a bad thing?

thanks for all your help

Archived